4. Silencer 2

The Next Day

Kitty Section takes their place on stage, getting ready to record their brand new song Marinette, Luka, and Adrien worked on. There's a musical festival in a few days, and a video audition is required to sign up. Marinette stands a few feet back from the stage, holding her phone up, and starts recording as the band plays.

Kagami walks and stands beside her, not saying anything to the pig-tailed girl—which makes her nervous. Marinette keeps her hands steady and she puts her focus back on the band as she keeps recording.

Another two minutes later, the song is finished, and Marinette saves the video. "That was great, you guys!"

"Marinette?" Kagami asks, stepping closer, and she leans in and whispers, "Adrien seems really distracted whenever you are around or your name is mentioned. I didn't like him ditching me yesterday to hang out with you. I'd appreciate it if you could respect our relationship."

Marinette's eyes widen. She hadn't realized she hurt her friend's feelings. "I do respect your relationship, Kagami. I'm happy that you and Adrien are together. I had no idea he had plans with you yesterday. Besides, Adrien invited himself. It was just supposed to be me and Luka."

"I see." She clears her throat. "I did not know that. Forgive me."

Adrien watches their interaction and notices the quick frown on Marinette's face as Kagami walks off. What did his girlfriend say to her?

"Are you ready to go, Adrien?" Kagami asks.

"What did you say to Marinette?"

Kagami turns and looks at her, who's connecting her phone to Luka's laptop so the band can watch the video. She looks back at Adrien. "Nothing important. I was mistaken... I hope. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me grab my bag." Adrien leans down to grab his bag and peeks a glance at Marinette, who happens to look over at the same time. They hold eye contact for a few seconds before she turns and walks inside with Luka.

"Where do you have to send the video to?" Rose asks.

"There's a link on the website," Marinette explains, typing on the keyboard. "Let me find it. Okay, it says we have to bring in a physical copy and give it to..." Her eyes widen. "BOB ROTH?!"

"WHAT?!" The band shouts at once.

"You mean that jerk who scammed us last time?" Ivan mutters, angry now.

"No!" Rose shakes her head fast. "That has to be a mistake."

Luka turns the screen towards him. "It's not. Bob Roth is sponsoring the musical festival."

"Oh no, this is a disaster!" Marinette starts pacing back and forth. "If we turn in our music, he's going to copy and steal it again!"

"No, we won't let that happen." Luka rests his hand on her shoulder. "Remember last time?"

She thinks back on when Luka was akumatized into Silencer.

"Ladybug and Cat Noir exposed Bob Roth on national television for being a thief," He continues. "There's no way he'd make that mistake again."

Marinette sighs, a little relieved. "You're right, Luka."

"Well, you better get going, because auditions close in an hour," Juleka mumbles.

"What are we waiting for?" Luka asks, grabbing Marinette's hand as they run off the boat. They take this bike and race over to Bob Roth's office, with enough time to spare. They walk inside and take the elevator up, finding a long line of people waiting already.