9. Sightseeing

The Next Morning

Marinette steps forward and hugs Luka. She smiles into his jacket as his arms tightened around her. His mom had called last night and asked him to come home a day early.

"I'm sorry you have to go home early," She says as she pulls back from her boyfriend. "Now we can't sight see together."

"Take a lot of pictures and show me when you get back," He tells her with a grin.

"Will you text me when you get home?"

He nods. "Promise."

"Tell Juleka and Anarka I say hi."

"I will. I love you." Luka bends down and kisses her cheek.

"I love you, too," She whispers.

Marinette waves to him as he walks down the drive, and as she turns around, she sees Alya and Nino walking over with their suitcases.

"Wait, you guys are leaving, too?" She asks.

Alya nods. "Sorry, girl. Our parents decided last minute to head out to town, so Nino and I are stuck babysitting our little siblings."

Nino offers Marinette a fist bump. "See you back in Paris, dudette."

She returns the gesture and then hugs her best friend. "That sucks."

"We'll go to the movies or something when you get back," Alya promises.

"Sounds like a plan."

Marinette watches her friends meet Luka in the driveway and they fall climb in the same cab together. She closes the front door.

Adrien and Felix walk downstairs together.

"Guess it's just you and me, Marinette," The model tells her.

She glances behind Adrien, expecting his girlfriend to follow, but she doesn't. "Wait, where's Kagami?"

"Her mother forced her to come home last night," Adrien answers. "She took the midnight train back."

Adrien never got to take Kagami on their special date he had planned.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," He whispers, and his eyes widen fast. "You're not leaving too, are you?"

Marinette shakes her head. "No, I want to sight see. I'm hoping I can find new inspiration for my designs."

"We can sight see together... if you want," Adrien suggests, hoping she'll say yes.

"Sure. Sounds like fun."

Felix glances between them. "Adrien, you've been here before, right? So you don't need me—"

Amelie walks in and rests her hands on her son's shoulders. "Felix, don't be silly! Spend some time with your cousin."

Felix rolled his eyes.

"Besides, Adrien's father will be here shortly and we have some things to discuss for our partnership."

"My father's coming to London?" Adrien asks, shocked.

His aunt nods. "Yes, but he doesn't want to be disturbed right away. Why don't the three of you head out and go sight see, like Marinette wants? It'll be fun!"

Felix groans with a frown. "If you insist, Mother."

Amelie kisses his cheek. "Make sure to eat something!" She walks back to the dining area.