5. Matching Charms

One Month Later

Marinette parks her scooter on the docks and sets her helmet down on the seat. She walks across the bridge and finds Rose and Juleka sitting together. "Hey girls!" She shouts, waving. "Is Luka inside?"

"He's been writing and playing his guitar for, like, the past hour," Juleka mutters, adding a unicorn clip to Rose's hair.

"Whatever he's working on sounds so romantic!" Rose cheers with a big smile. "I bet it's about you, Marinette!"

Blushing, the pig-tailed girl looks away and shakes her head. "N-No! No way. Luka and I aren't at that stage in our relationship, yet."

"You two make such a cute couple," Rose tells her.

Juleka nods. "Yeah, the cutest."

"Well, I'll catch up with you two later," Marinette tells her friends before she heads inside to find her boyfriend. She walks downstairs to his bedroom and finds him on his bed, playing the guitar. "Hey, boyfriend."

"Hey, girlfriend," He responds, smiling. "What are you doing here?"

Her face falls. "Uh, it's..." Did Luka forget it was their one-month anniversary? "Umm—"

"I'm kidding, Marinette," Luka quickly says. "I was just messing with you. I know why you're here."

"Oh, good," She whispers as relief passes through her. "I was worried for a moment."

"I have a really good memory," Luka says and he looks away as he thinks about Wishmaker and the day he found out Ladybug and Cat Noir's secret identities. He could never forget that day. 

Marinette sits beside her boyfriend and leans forward to hug him. "I missed you."

"We saw each other after school yesterday," He reminds her, laughing.

"I know, but I still missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"So, what are you working on?"

Luka grabs his notes and ducks them under his legs. "I wrote a song about you."

"What?" She asks, eyes widening with a smile.

"Well, I'm still writing it. Actually, just trying to fix it up right now. It... it was supposed to be a surprise."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Luka shakes his head. "No, you're fine. If I knew you were coming over today, I would have hidden it better."

"Shoot! I should've called beforehand! Ugh, I'm so lame!" Marinette freaks, covering her face with her hands. "I ruined my own surprise. I'm the worst girlfriend ever."

"Mari..." Luka grabs her hand and pulls her close, kissing her. "You're not lame. You didn't ruin the surprise. You're the best girlfriend ever."

She smiles. "I guess I exaggerated a bit, huh?"

"Just a little," He jokes, and they both laugh.

"I made you something," Luka says, reaching in his nightstand, and he grabs a small, blue box.

Her eyes widen. "Oh no! I forgot to bring your present!"

"You can give it to me tomorrow," He assures her as he places the box in her hand. She's about to say something when he says, "It's okay, Marinette. I'm not disappointed."

"Okay..." Marinette stares at the blue box in her hand. She lifts the lid and gasps. It's a necklace, a charm of a black electric charm with his name engraved along the strings. "Wow! Luka, this is so cool! I love it, thank you."

"I made this one for myself." Luka reveals the pink cupcake charm around his neck, her name engraved on the icing. "Now we have matching necklaces. That... that isn't too corny, is it?"

She shakes her head. "No, it's not corny. It's romantic." She leans forward and kisses his cheek. "Thank you, Luka."