2. Late to The Double Date

Adrien doesn't know what he wants.

Seeing Marinette and Luka together—sharing Andre's ice cream of all things—brought on a weird feeling he's never felt before. Adrien couldn't explain why he didn't like the two sitting next to each other, or how protective he felt when Luka wrapped his arm around Marinette, or that even though he was with Kagami, he couldn't help but want to share ice cream with the pig-tailed girl instead.

Still, even if he couldn't identity his new feelings, he knew it was wrong.

All Adrien can do now is focus on Kagami—his girlfriend—and ignore the curiosity lingering every time Marinette is around or her name is mentioned.

The car pulls outside Kagami's home and Adrien walks her to the front gate. "I'm proud of our recent victory," She tells him as they stand face-to-face. "Your fencing skills have improved, and you're getting a lot stronger."

"Thanks, Kagami," He whispers with a sad smile. Why am I still thinking about Marinette?

"Your schedule is free tomorrow, right?" She asks out of nowhere.

He nods. "Yeah, for once, actually. Why? Did you have something in mind?"

Kagami steps forward with a smile and kisses him. "How about our first date?"

His eyes widen. "Our f-first date?"

"Yes, we've been dating almost a month, and a first date is due by now," She explains, resting a hand on his shoulder. "I can trust that you'll be capable of planning something romantic?"

"Of course," Adrien answers, nodding. "I can do that. Goodbye, Kagami." He parts with a wave and climbs back into his car. Our first date... I can plan that. He and Kagami have been dating for a few weeks now, and their one-month anniversary is tomorrow. He pulls out his phone from his pocket.

To: Marinette
From: Adrien
3:54 PM
Hey, Mari. Are you busy? I wanted to ask your advice on something.

To: Adrien :)
From: Marinette
3:54 PM
Adrien! Hi! Uh, no I'm not busy. You want to talk? Sure, what's up?

To: Marinette
From: Adrien
3:55 PM
Kagami and I are supposed to have our first date tomorrow, and I'm planning it, but I'm stumped on what to do. I have no ideas. Also, I'm nervous about screwing up. I don't want to do anything wrong. You're like Kagami, a romantic girl. What would you want on a first date?

Marinette stares at her phone, silent. Adrien was asking her for dating advice? Her, the queen of failed love? "Uh..."

"What is it?" Tikki asks, peeking over her shoulder, and gasps. "Adrien's asking you for love advice?"

"I know. That' a little strange, right? I mean, Adrien's... Adrien!" Marinette exclaims with a slight smile. "I'm sure he'd have no problem swooning a girl, especially one as cool as Kagami." She stares down at her phone. "Adrien's asking what I want on a first date," She whispers, rereading his text. "Why doesn't he ask Kagami what she wants instead?"

Her phone beeps with a new text—from Luka.

To: Marinette
From: Luka <3
3:57 PM
I was thinking since we're both free tomorrow, why don't we go on our first date? Is that something you'd like to do?

Marinette smiles. "Luka... he's asking me out on a date. A date. Wait, a date?! Oh no! I've never been on a date before!"

"Don't worry!" Tikki reassures her. "You don't have to panic. This is Luka. I'm sure whatever you guys do will be peaceful and romantic."