8. Charity Gala- Part 2

Marinette, Alya, and Kagami have spent the past hour walking around the shop, searching for the perfect dress for the charity gala.

So far? No luck.

"I don't think I want to wear a dress," Alya comments, stopping as she spots a beautiful, orange with black tint, three-piece pantsuit. It has a jacket, crop top, and flare pants. She gasps. "This! This is what I want."

"Then get it," Marinette tells her.

Kagami nods. "The colors would suit you perfectly."

Alya grins. She only liked it because it reminded her of Rena Rouge. Her eyes widen as an idea strikes her and she pulls out her phone to text Nino, excited to share her plan about them matching as their superhero alter egos, Rena Rouge and Carapace.

"Okay, I'll try it on!" Alya shouts, running off to find an associate to help her.

"Marinette?" Kagami softly asks, gently tugging on her arm. "Can I talk to you real quick?"

The pig-tailed girl slowly nods. I need to make things right with Kagami if we're going to stay friends. She gives her full attention. "Of course, what's up?"

Embarrassed now, Kagami lowers her head in shame and spits out, "I want to apologize for my behavior earlier. I was cold and short-tempered with you since we arrived in London. Truthfully, I overreacted and felt jealous of you, since I know of your past... feelings for Adrien."

"Kagami..." Marinette frowns. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way. It wasn't my intention, but I'm with Luka now. I can assure you nothing is going on between me and Adrien."

She smiles. "Thank you for reassuring me." But it's Adrien I'm actually most worried about. She clears her throat and asks, "Do you know what color dress you want?"

"I saw this pink one in the corner, but it's a little expensive." Marinette loops her arm through Kagami's and guides her friend over. "I love the belt on the waist."

"That would look perfect on you," Kagami whispers.

"You think so?"

Kagami nods. "Yes, you should get it. If money's an issue, I can get it for you."

"No, no. I have enough money, I just don't know if I deserve a dress this beautiful." Marinette touches the soft, silky fabric. "And I don't have time to make a dress."

"Think of it as buying an experience with your boyfriend and close friends," Kagami suggests. "An experience can last a lifetime."

Marinette smiles. "You're right. Thank you, Kagami." She turns and hugs her friend. "Now, let's find you a dress that'a going to make Adrien swoon!"

***

Adrien stands still on a platform, arms raised as the tailor takes his measurements. Nino and Luka are looking at tuxes while Felix sits away in a chair, reading through a magazine.

"How are things with Kagami?" Nino asks his best friend.

Felix glances up.

"Things are... great. Totally great," Adrien whispers, trying not to move too much. "I have a surprise date planned for us after the charity gala tomorrow."

"Wow..." Nino grins. "Never knew my best bud could be such a romantic."

He rolls his eyes. "I know how to be romantic."

Adrien thinks back on all the times he tried to serenade Ladybug with roses and poetry. He was rejected every single time, of course, but he still knew how to be romantic.