11. Both Sides

"It's heartbreak city for Kagami Tsurgi as a photo showcasing her boyfriend, famous model Adrien Agreste, kissing another girl! His classmate, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and the model were photographed late last night outside of Paris' favorite bakery. Are things strictly platonic between Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng or do we have another it-couple on the rise?"

The unsolicited photo taken of Marinette and Adrien by the paparazzi has gone viral and spread all over Paris! Every news outlet, magazine, tabloids are talking non-stop about it. The picture's displayed on every billboard in the city. No one could miss it, even if they tried.

Marinette's phone has been ringing non-stop for an hour now, but she's gone in a deep sleep, enjoying a dream of her and her boyfriend on a boat ride date.

"Marinette?" Tikki calls out as she pokes her holder's face. "Marinette! Make the ringing stop!"

"Huh?" The sleepy girl yawns as she sits up. She rubs her eyes and finally notices her phone ringing. It's Alya. "Hello?" She answers.

"Marinette, what were you thinking?!" Her best friend shouts through the phone. "I thought you were over Adrien!"

She rubs her eyes again. "W-What... what are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?!" Alya laughs. "You kissed Adrien last night!"

"WHAT?!" Marinette gasps, fully awake now. "No, I didn't!"

"It's all over the news, girl!"

She climbs out of her bed and pulls up the news on her computer. She plays the first news story.

"Here it is again, Paris. Adrien Agreste and his classmate, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, kissing!"

The photo pops up on the screen.

"What?! I-It wasn't like that at all!" Marinette defends. "It was just a cheeky kiss! We were saying goodbye, everyone in Paris does it!"

"That's not what these news outlets are saying."

Marinette balls her hand in a fist and punches her desk. "Ugh! This is completely taken out of context! This is why I hate the media—"

Her phone rings with a call from Luka.

"Mari? You there?"

She stares down at her phone as Luka's name and contact flash on her screen. Oh, this can't be good. Luka must've saw the news! "Uh, Luka's calling... I should probably talk to him."

"Sheesh," Alya whispers. "Hopefully you can straighten this out."

"I'll talk to you later, Al." Marinette hung up on her best friend and answered her boyfriend's call. "Hey... so I guess you saw the news, huh?"

"Are you free today?" Luka asks. "Can you come over so we can talk?"

Oh, he's going to break up with me! "S-Sure. I'm on my way."

Luka hangs up.

"Tikki, this is bad! This is a disaster!" Marinette freaks to her kwami as she grabs her purse. "Luka's going to dump me. I'm the worst girlfriend ever!"

"Calm down, Marinette! I'm sure if you explain everything to Luka, he'll understand."

Marinette sighs. "I hope."

***

Kagami storms up to the front gates of the mansion and bangs her closed fist on the metal repeatedly. "Adrien Agreste, we need to talk!"

A second later, the gates slide out and the front door opens. Adrien steps out and meets his girlfriend at the bottom of the front steps. He already knew what she was mad about. He'd gotten angry phone calls from her and all of his friends. He asked her to come over so he could explain.