Chapter 10

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

The next day I woke up all alone in my bed, Eros? gone, my self-pity? gone and the news of Trevor Foyers restrained in my father's dungeons is spreading rapidly.

I knew it was bound to happen all along, I knew this would be the result if father found out, so I'm not even surprised.

He is going to kill him but...right after he's satisfied with torturing him.

Trevor took away the only thing I had a right to call mine in this fücked up world we live in.
I wanted to be the last thing he saw when he took his last breath, I wanted to drag his corpse right past those friends of his that he ran to brag to, right after he wrecked me.

I wanted to turn his insides out with my bare hands.

But that's the thing, I'm not allowed to, I'm not allowed to be angry, I'm not allowed to feel anything rather than shame they say.
I'm not allowed to demand to fight for my rights.

"Sweetheart, you're up already?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the sight of Eros entering the room.
He's changed out of the fancier clothes he was wearing yesterday and looks like he could use a lot of sleep.

I place the cup of juice, the maid Racheal had brought up for me not too long ago.
I avoided heading downstairs since I woke up because I don't really want to socialise with anyone who lives in this house, including Adonis.

Racheal delivered a small snack and filled me in on everything happening down there at the moment.

Eros walks towards me as I stand to my feet and he immediately wraps his arms around me, knowing that I need this more than any conversation can give me.

"Baby, you're so strong" he whispers, pressing a kiss to my forehead.
I tighten my grip around him as if he would fade away if I accidentally let go.
"I need to speak to you about something-..." he begins to say.
The bedroom door creaks open and my mother slowly peeps in, looking between the both of us.

"Sienna, dear...can we talk?" she awkwardly asks, stepping in and shutting the door behind her.
Her eyes follow Eros before she speaks again.
"Alone"

I pull away from him and begin stalking towards her "if you have anything to say, you can say it in front of him, if you can't comply please leave" I state coldly, watching as she hesitantly nods her head.

"Alright," she grabs my hands, leading me to the bottom of my bed, where she sits and pulls me beside her.
Eros stays standing behind me, being my emergency emotional support for all the nonsense I am quite extremely sure my mother is about to start spouting.

"Listen, sweetheart, I am so sorry you had to go through all of that without having the courage to consult anyone, I am sorry that at your young age you had to fall victim to such a horrible act, and I am sorry that both I and your father could not protect you from it, even though we are not always on good terms, you remain my daughter, and I, your mother, it hurts me that you had to go through all of that," she says in between shaky breaths, pulling me in for a hug, I'm taken aback by her sudden epiphany that she has another child apart from Aisha, but nonetheless, I appreciate it and hug her back.

"For the coming days, you need to lay low, our family name has been tarnished and our honour and respect stolen away, I'm even afraid Mr Arcin won't accept you anymore since you're now impure" she mutters as my body immediately tenses at her words, realisation running through me.
I slowly pull away from my mother, shaking my head in bitter sour disappointment, I can't believe I almost thought she cared for me, for my wellbeing, instead...she's just worried about the family reputation.

I sigh heavily, standing to my feet and just moving away from her completely.

"It's understandable if you do not wish to marry Sienna anymore, Mr Arcin, she has been defiled and from now on is of no use to you or your family.

"Why wouldn't I accept Sienna?" Eros frowns, raising an accusing eyebrow.
"How does what happened to her define anything else in her being?" he asks with a hint of irritation in his tone.

"How does it make her any different than all the other girls?"

"It does make her different, how can you marry her after what has happened? have you no any respect for your family name? what happens when you take her into your home? huh?" she stands to her feet, striding towards him.
"Do you think all of your people will accept her with wide arms open?" my mother shouts in his face, each word coming out of her mouth, getting worse and worse.
"When you do marry her, she will do nothing but bring shame upon your name, she will dirty your bloodline-"

"Mrs River!" her yells in her face, his voice holding a warning, a threat for her to continue her sentence.

"Pardon me ma'am but you are one vile heartless, unpleasant wicked bïtch, she is your daughter and yet you treat her worse than a stranger" he yells in her face, my mother takes a step back, her eyes wide with fear and shock.
"No like, what the actual fück is wrong with this family?, you're a narcissistic pathetic excuse of a mother whereas that disgusting little slutty teen daughter of yours is a supporter of r*pe and suicide, Lucà and Stephan don't give a fück about anybody but themselves, the only person who is probably capable of thinking rationally in this house is Lionel, I can see where Sienna gets her intelligence, personality and it's definitely not you" I catch the sly grin, tugging at the end of his lips.

My mother takes another step back, holding her hand to her chest as she gasps in shock.

"H-how dare you speak to me like that?, do you not know w-who I am?" she tries to regain her confidence by raising her head high, despite her shaky voice giving away her evident fear.

"Of course, I know who you are, mother in law" he smirks.
"And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so it's time you, remember who I am" he adds,
"And just know that when you speak to Sienna, she is not only your daughter anymore, she is also my wife and the next inheritor of the Arcin empire's Queen position.

When you offend her, you are not just offending her when you speak to her the way you normally do, you are offending me as well, you are offending my whole family bloodline, so you better learn to conform to this change.

Acceptance isn't difficult.

Loving the child you bore, isn't difficult.

Learning to respect her first as a human being before any other title that follows after...isn't difficult"
"But you...your blinding hatred for her...It's intolerable"

♔︎♔︎♔︎