𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 32

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

"Eros...If Adonis sees us-"
"I don't care" he states, his eyes cold and his jaw, set.
My heart pounds against my chest as I gaze into his eyes. The moonlight bathing them in its ethereal glow, casting shadows that dance across our intertwined figures.

"But-" I begin, my voice trembling with a mixture of fear and longing. He knows the consequences of being caught, of the scandal that would surely ensue. But in that moment, the world outside his embrace faded away.

He presses a finger against my lips, silencing my fears. "Let them see," he whispers, his voice filled with a determination that matches his fiery spirit. "You were mine ever since the day I first set my eyes on you"
My cheeks warm at his confession. A small smile graces his face, and then he's kissing me, sweetly this time, his hands cupping my cheeks.
I kiss him back, savouring this one last moment where our bodies are pressed together, our hearts entwined. The taste of his lips, soft and sweet, ignites a fire within me that I know will soon be extinguished. But for now, I cling to this moment, this stolen bliss that belongs to us alone before the incoming storm can wash it all away.

The moon above casts a gentle glow upon us, illuminating the tenderness in his eyes as he holds me close. His touch, both possessive and gentle, sends shivers down my spine, like the delicate brush of a summer breeze against my skin. In this enchanted embrace, time seems to stand still, the world around us fading into obscurity as our souls intertwine.

But even as we revel in forbidden love, a distant rumble of thunder echoes through the night. The air grows heavy with the scent of rain, a foreboding sign of the storm that looms on the horizon. A gust of wind rustles the leaves of nearby trees, whispering a warning of what is to come.

We pull apart, our breaths mingling with the cool night air. Eros's hand lingers on my cheek, his touch both comforting and bittersweet. "You must go," he murmurs, his voice laced with restraint.

"I'll come for you"

I nod, my heart heavy with the weight of reality.
With a final, lingering glance, we reluctantly release each other's embrace and I step back.
The world around us seems to mirror our emotions, as the heavens open up, releasing a torrent of rain that washes away any trace of our forbidden encounter. The droplets fall, heavy and relentless, erasing our footprints in the sand, as if they were never there.

"I will come back for you" he whispers, his lips finding my own once again.
I smile sadly into the kiss, tears stinging my eyes. "No, you won't."
"Yes I will," he insists, "And when I do, I will place you above all and show you just how much I love you."
I hold onto him tight, burying my face into his neck and with those simple words, with a parting caress to my fingers, he vanishes from my view.

I watch his form fade into nothingness, only feeling the sting of his absence when a fresh wave of tears stings my eyes.
The rain falls and my mind reels from his words, my thoughts consumed with what just happened.

Love?
He loves me?

A bitter part of me wants so badly to believe, to know if he's being sincere.
But deep in my gut, I fight against the fact that if he really loved me, he would have never left me on my own.
He would have never left me to these monsters.

His words echo in my mind, repeating over and over again until it becomes a chant. The weight of Eros's confession lingers on my lips, a bittersweet taste that I can't seem to shake. It feels like an eternity since I last saw him, since he disappeared into the night, leaving me with nothing but the remnants of his touch and a promise that I'm not sure he can keep.