Chapter 14

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

When I awaken, it's to the sound of my bedroom door swinging open.
I force my eyes open and sit up to see the intruder.
It seems to be just a little past dusk fall and I suppose Mr Armand has gotten the job done for me.
"Um, Clover, they're asking for you downstairs" the sound of Emerson's nervous voice spurs me awake.

"Em?"
I haven't seen or spoken to him in a while.

When I rub my eyes awake and look up, I find not only him but my fiancé along with my two brothers standing at the door.
I can spot the sight of Adonis standing not too far behind but don't pay it a second thought because I am so taken aback by the sight that I nearly stumble on my step once I'm up on my feet.

"Sienna...how are you?" Luca, my eldest brother, takes a few steps forward before pulling me into a gentle embrace, when he pulls back I see his expression is filled with pain and suppressed anger.
"I'm sorry..." he continues, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to be here...to protect you."

I quickly shake my head, refusing anyone to take the blame for my tragedies.
"You had no part in this so there is nothing to apologize for.

"It's useless to waste your time offering her your pity, you know she will never take it" Stephan, my elder brother and second to Luca steps forward to give me a hug.
He presses a kiss to the top of my head and holds me in his embrace, silently expressing his compassion for my situation through his actions.

My brothers have never been exactly too close to me but have also never treated me with even a quarter of the hatred Aisha holds towards me.
They have always gotten anything they asked for, anything they dreamed of without a second chance at asking, so because of that, I always kind of secretly envied them but their intentions have never been ill and now I've matured enough to finally understand that it is not in their hands how their life turned out just as it is not in mine how my own proceeds, I now hold them in deep regards and wish them nothing but the best.

"You don't have to worry about Aisha, I'll teach that brat a lesson once I get my hands on her" Stephan states, his usual expressionless face making it difficult for me to tell whether he is being serious or not.
Adonis immediately stiffens at his words but doesn't dare to disagree with anything he's saying.

"Mr Armand says he has followed suit with your request and wishes for you to come downstairs to decide what you wish to do next," Luca says.

"You mean they were able to castrate him in such a short time?" I ask in fascination, watching cluelessly as all the five men before me wince at the word, lowering their gaze to their-
"Yes!, and he needs your next instructions" Em grabs my hand, pulling me away from my brothers and tugging me out the door with him.
While I pass through the door, I unintentionally brush my shoulder against Eros.

As soon as my gaze meets his, he turns away, his face contorting into an expression of pure pain.
I slowly pull my hand away from Em and stop to stare at Eros who looks so guilty to the point where my heart starts aching for him.

I stare up at him and cup his face between my hands, forcing him to look me in the eye despite being resistant.
When he does, the guilt on his face just spreads even more.
"You did nothing wrong, you're just too good to me and right now, my mind's not where it usually is" I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. I don't know what I said to him but I hope he doesn't hold me against it because I truly didn't mean it. He hugs me back and I immediately feel his muscles relax below my hands.
When I pull back, he subsequently takes my hands in his before bringing them to his lips.