𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 20

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

"Would you stop fidgeting already and sit straight?" mother yells at me from the corner of the table as Mrs Patricia's makeup team work their very much unwanted magic on me.
I don't know how long it's been since they promised to make me look like an angel and got started on my face but I may or may not have intentionally knocked down various makeup palettes out of their hands just in order to stall for more time.

I don't want to get married.
Not if it's Adonis I am going to be bound to for eternity.

"Sienna we don't have much time to waste, so stop being so selfish and let them get done with their work, you really want to disgrace me?, after all, I've done for you?" she shouts her complaints as I continue to shift uncomfortably in my seat.
She is such a bitch.
She stands and glares down at me with a hand placed firmly on her hip. She must realize that no matter how hard she tries to fight me, my will is stronger than hers, because after a few more seconds she sighs deeply and sits back down, folding her arms over each other.
The next ten minutes pass quickly and soon enough it's time to go through the doors to the wedding hall, and then to the altar. It isn't until the car pulls into the wedding banquet's parking lot that I start to feel like I can't breathe again.
"Oh Sienna you need to calm down," mother says softly as she pats a hand comfortingly down my back, her voice dripping in pretence.

"You'll be fine once you see him, he's just as nervous as you are," she says.
I look at mother and notice that she actually looks quite happy about this entire ordeal.
I roll my eyes at her before getting out of the car and making my way toward the entrance where the guests await us.

Two girls from Mrs Patricia's follow closely behind me to straighten out my dress. It's a floor lengthed satin dress that I think seems too luxurious and bright for my current mood but still, there is nothing I can do about that.
They whisper about how beautiful their design looks on me and how perfect the wedding picture should be.

I ignore them and continue walking, my fingers brushing against the silver band around my wrist and almost instantly, I feel a knot form in my stomach. It feels almost unnatural, everything that's happening.

The feeling only gets worse and worse as the doors of the place swing open, and hundreds of pairs of eyes fall on me, Adonis looks up at me from the other end of the aisle, his cold gaze giving away not a hint of his true emotions.
Father walks up behind me, dressed in a black tux, his salt and pepper hair slicked back as he holds out his arm for me, without making eye contact with him, I wrap my hand around his and allow him to walk me down the aisle and straight to my guaranteed doom.

Making my way down the aisle, I look around the sea of familiar faces and notice that Aisha isn't here, not that I'm even surprised because I don't care what happens to her or what she's feeling at this point.
Neither is of any use to me anymore.
Father is stiff beside me, his movements operating with intense guilt, but even so, I don't care enough to even spare him a glance.

The only reason I'm here today is because of them.
All of them.
The people who were supposed to be there for me are the same ones who wholeheartedly gave me up to the wolves.

We walk hand in hand directly up to the alter, I try to steady my breathing and focus on keeping my cool but it doesn't seem to help as we reach the end of the aisle and Adonis takes my hands, gently pulling me towards him.

I keep my eyes glued to the ground because I don't want to see the hostility in his gaze nor the horrid frown across his face.
Wondering where all his nervousness mother mentioned earlier on all went.

The pastor begins to speak and so the whole room falls quiet.
I stand facing Adonis and don't know what to do with my hands so I bring them in front of me and cross them at my navel.
When it's time to exchange our vows, I spit them all out, even though I don't think I've ever sounded so inauthentic in my entire life.