𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 21

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

The car comes to a stop in front of the mansion and the driver steps out, opening the door for the both of us. We get out of the car and make our way through the gates towards the home, I look around for any sign of life but the only ones I see are servants that have already been dismissed from their duties.

I gather the bothersome skirts of my wedding dress between my hands and lift as I begin to climb the stairs to my new home, the housekeeper opens the front door, giving me a knowing smile and greeting her master before turning away and disappearing into the shadows of the courtyard.

Adonis doesn't even bother to glance behind him to see how I'm faring, he simply walks on ahead past the foyer, not paying me any mind and leading the way up the many flights of stairs. He opens the massive doors at the top and pushes them open to reveal the master bedroom which is decorated,  for some unknown reason, with white lace and golden trim.

Red rose petals cover the floor and the bed is adorned with beautiful pink roses. There's no doubt in my mind that this has something to do with my mother's planning, but still, I keep my mouth shut.

My eyes flicker to the side where there's an elegant mirror sitting on an antique wooden stand next to a large closet room.
Adonis drops his jacket on the armchair and heads for the bathroom,  closing the door behind him.
It feels wrong, being here by myself, but I know that this is necessary.
Taking in my surroundings, I walk over to the window and pull back the curtains. It's a beautiful view of the distant city lights.
The sky above me is clear, full of stars and I can just make out the twinkling lights of the moon hanging high in the sky.

I notice the bottle of an alcoholic drink, chilled in a bucket of ice in the far corner of the room.
So I walk towards it, trying my best not to stumble on my heels or step on my wedding dress.
The cold liquid seems so inviting but I don't dare drink more than half of it because I know soon enough I will barely be able to take in my surroundings.
I take another sip of the wine and place the glass on the windowsill, leaning against it.

I think of Aisha again, wondering how she must be feeling right now.
I know it's highly immature of me but I really hope she's hurting. Even though this marriage with Adonis is the last thing I wanted, I hope every time she thinks about it, about how her only love is now my husband, that the hurt she feels will intensify until the feeling becomes unbearable and she finally gets a little taste of what she put me through.

I sigh softly, pushing off the windowsill and heading towards the bed. I plop down onto it gently, my heart pounding in my chest as I lay down, my hand reaching out for the bottle of wine again.
"What are you doing?" The voice cuts through the silence of the room like a knife.
Adonis enters the room with wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist, making sure to close the door behind him.

I don't pay him any attention and turn my gaze away from him just because I can.

He sits down beside me on the bed, his face impassive.
"You're drunk." His voice sounds harsh.
He tries to take the glass of wine from my hand, but I quickly snatch it away from him and take another sip, hoping that the alcohol will numb my insides so I won't feel anything.
I know what he has to do tonight.
And I don't want to feel any of it, I don't want to even be there while he does it so I hope I can pass out earlier.

I let out a deep breath and set the bottle down on the table beside the bed. My eyes shift upwards towards him, he looks blurry and my vision is unfocused.
But I can see that he's taking a sip out of the bottle while staring straight into the fire in front of us.
The flames are dancing in the fireplace, making everything warm and cosy, but not quite relaxing, there's too much tension in the air.

My eyes fall shut for a second and I hear him shift on the bed.
When I open them again, he's hovering on top of me.

He holds the wine bottle in his left hand, his right going under my dress and grasping the fabric of my panties.
He starts pulling at them slowly, almost imperceptibly.
I try to push him away, my hands grabbing at his arms, but it makes no difference, I'm barely awake and in control of myself right now.
And suddenly my limbs feel so heavy.

And then he pulls them down all at once.
I wince at the realisation of what is about to happen and bite onto my bottom lip hard enough to draw blood.
He throws them onto the ground and sits back, spreading me wider for him before leaning back against the headboard, his eyes running down my body.

My skin burns beneath his gaze as he takes in every inch of me and I can't believe I've allowed him to take it this far.

I make a move to shut my legs but he holds them wide open, his eyes trailing the inside of my thighs, the tip of his fingers grazing the sides.
I'm breathing shallowly, tears welling up in my eyes. I can't believe I'm here like this, I feel so pathetic.
I feel trapped in his gaze.
Why am I letting him do these things to me?
I try to make a move but he grabs me by the hips and suddenly, flips me over,  pinning me against the mattress.
His lips graze across my neck, leaving kisses along the way and I feel my legs tense up.
His hands tug at the zipper of my dress and he pulls at it until I'm eventually left all exposed in the set of undergarments Mrs Patricia had prepared for me prior to the wedding.

"Don't struggle," he says, his voice low. "You knew this was eventually bound to happen" he bellows.
His lips are moving, whispering words I can't make sense of, I'm starting to panic and I struggle against his grip on me, my fingernails digging into the flesh of his wrists, the pain causing him to release me from his hold.

"I am not going to h-have sex with you, Adonis" I finally manage to push him off of me.
He smirks and sits up against the wall, crossing his arms in front of him.
"Sooner or later, you're going to have to birth my heir, Sienna, so I thought I'd make sure that you got used to this."
There's a pause after his sentence before his smirk widens.
I glare at him and grab the blanket off of the bed, holding it tight in my grasp.
"If you think you're going to seduce me in order for me to give birth to y-your child, you're mistaken," I say, trying not to stutter in fear.

"if you think that I'm ever going to consummate this marriage, you have another thing coming."
I grab my garments off the floor and clumsily pull them back on, I try to stand to my feet and head to the door but his hand wraps around my wrist and he yanks me back.

"You can't go out there dressed like this, you're drunk, get back on that bed and go to sleep" he states, his eyes boring into mine.
I fight against his grasp, using all of my strength but nothing works and before I know it, I'm laying back down on the bed, the covers covering my bare body and his body looming over me.

"We'll have to try this again tomorrow, you must understand that I am being pressured to present a son to the elders," he tells me, pressing his body closer into mine.
I attempt to squirm away from his touch and he tightens his grip on me.

"I hope you've heard me loud and clear" he taps my cheek, making sure I'm awake.
"Let me go" I mumble under my breath, closing my eyes.
"Now is not the time for you to be slurring your words, Sienna" he whispers. "I'll let you go if you promise me one thing"
I feel my body trembling slightly as he continues to whisper.
"When you wake up tomorrow morning, you'll be sober so you better be ready to listen to what I have to say, I am your husband after all."

I feel his weight leave the bed and I open my eyes to find him standing in front of the door, he glances down at his phone and pulls on a black shirt hanging from his coat rack and a pair of pants to match before grabbing his car keys and exiting through the door.

The sound of the front door clicking closed resonates in the room.
I lie on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, the coolness of the sheets soothing my feverish cheeks.
A sudden chill runs down my spine and I pull the heavy blankets over my frame again, hoping to get some sleep.

✦✦✦