𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 15

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

Today was a normal day, we had all woken up and decided to be the amazing family we are; uncaring and neglectful.
Nothing new.

As we all sat at the breakfast table, we all settled to pretend that last night didn't happen.
Everything was normal, everything was fine and going how it usually goes.
Aisha glued to Adonis.
Father deep in thought.
My mother bringing up topics that I'm sure none of us could bring ourselves to care about.
And Luca and Stephan glaring at the lot of us as if we're strangers and not the family they grew up with.

And then suddenly my father decides to speak up, and when he does, his words shock the lot of us well enough that everyone stops eating and just stares at him, not even a single sound to be heard.

And then.
And then, all of them turn to look back at me, awaiting my reaction, supposing that I am going to defend myself.

"Sienna, your engagement to Mr Arcin has been cancelled," he says.

At first, I think that I might have heard him wrong, and so I blink, and then I blink some more and some more, and then I stare right back at him, just as I try to process his last words.
When I do, the words just go on like a perpetual cycle of horror.

"W-what are you talking about?" I question him, half afraid to know the reason.
"Because that's how it has to be" he answers me as laconic as one can be.
"That is not what I asked, tell me what it is that you are insinuating" I place my fork down, glaring at him.

"Dad, you're not making any sense" Luca speaks up for me.
"I know exactly what it is I'm talking about so I would prefer if none of you questions me any longer-"
"You can't just fucking drop a bomb like that on the table and expect me to never ask you why it's there" I stand up, facing him as I try to hold back my tears.

And then my stomach sinks at a sudden thought, a sudden realization.
"Eros, h-he, he didn't..."
"No, he didn't cancel it," my father says, making me even more confused.
"I did, because...since you," he trails off, not knowing how to voice his thoughts.
"Since you have been, defiled...it is against traditions for him to take you in, the head of the Arcin family has already rebuked the proposal, I need you to understand that there is nothing I can do, Sienna" my father places his fork down, wiping his hands on a napkin before speaking up again.

"The odds are against your favour, you will just have to accept it"
"What do you mean by that?, how can I just accept it? This has to be some kind of horrible joke" I laugh hysterically.

"Mr Henley Arcin is completely against it and said specifically that he wouldn't accept a tainted woman to be the one who carries on his legacy, he is even willing to let go of the millions that his grandson paid to possess you, there is nothing we can do about it, Sienna" he sighs.

"Then, W-what is going to become of me?, due to those messed up traditions and patronizing life plan that this town is still run on I'm not even allowed to work, Is there anything I'm even allowed to do without fucking male validation."

"That is why you are going to let me finish speaking, Sienna, Again, since your condition is how it is, the only person left to take you in, is the one who was originally in your life plan...that is Adonis of course" my father states, sending my jaw wide open and causing Adonis to choke on his food.

"Father what are you talking about?" now Aisha is screaming.
"Shut the fuck up, you stay the hell out of this" Luca glares daggers at her as she forcefully slumps back down onto her seat, tears gracing her eyes.

"Mr Rivers, I already publicly rejected the marriage" Adonis states, ignoring Aisha who is tugging at his arm.
"This is a situation where you are obliged to take her in, Adonis, all the money that Mr Arcin paid for her will be granted to you, and I know that you're not dense enough to turn that down just for something as absurd as childhood love" my father excuses himself before leaving the table.

I push my chair back and storm out of the room, ignoring the voices of my brothers.
"Madam, are you alright?" I pass by Sebastian the housekeeper, ignoring him as I make a run for the front doors.

I need out of this house.
Out of this life and especially out of this marriage.
I can't accept Adonis, I can't accept any of this, I'd rather live as pathetic as I already am than marry that fucking bastard.

Still infuriated by every single person in the house, I make my way into the gardens and tell the guards in that area to leave me alone, which they very hesitantly agree to.

Why can't I ever have one good thing in my life?
Every time I'm given something I cherish, someone I like, life just has to strip me of everything and bring ruin upon me.
I make a mistake, and it pays back a thousand times worse, just what have I done to deserve this?

I'm still crying into my hands when I feel a pair of arms wrap themselves around me and I'm instantly welcomed by their warmness.

"You, y-you don't want me?" I quietly ask, not bothering to look up at Eros who is holding me tightly against his chest.
"I don't think I've ever wanted anything quite as much as I want you, Sienna" he mutters into my hair.
"Then why, why are you letting them do this?" I don't even know what to say.

"Because I know how much you hate living like this, I also know that you won't agree to be married to someone like him and I am going to get you back, I swear by it"
He pulls back from the hug, staring me straight in the eyes.
"I know it doesn't seem fair to you, but I don't want to lose you, I'll fight them tooth and nail before I give you up to them, either way, all their attempts are futile, you'll always be mine"

With that, he holds me against his chest again, whispering sweet promises into my ear that I will never forget, and all the while I'm feeling my heart beat rapidly against my chest.
I want to believe him, but deep down inside, I know there must be something else.
Something he's not telling me.

✦✦✦