𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 26

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚

"You don't have to confront him right away, I'm sure he knows how you feel about his little stunt back there, he will surely give you some time to yourself" Alden tries to reassure me.

"I can't just stay here, it's been three days already-"

"That's not important right now" he cuts me off, grabbing me by my shoulders.
"You can stay here for as long as you want, I told you I would take care of you, you don't even have to go back if you don't want to...he's abusive, you could just-"

"I can not just do anything Alden, you know how it is for people like me.
Women like me.
We do not have any rights.
To them, I am just his property and thus he can do whatever he likes to me, they wouldn't dare to get involved."

"Your father then, talk to your father, he surely wouldn't stand for this either Sienna, what man would silently witness his daughter get abused?"

"A man who is drunk and in love with power, sure he cares about me" I shrug. "But not as much as that title he owns"

"Sienna...don't..." he starts to say something but stops himself.
I sigh loudly before taking a step back, trying to compose myself and not show how upset I am getting over the situation.
"Okay then just tell me what you're going to do" he finally says when we've both calmed down again. "Do you want to go back to that place?"
"Of course not" I shake my head vehemently. "But I don't have many options"

"You have the option to just stay here, with me, well until Eros comes back for you, of course"
I look at him shocked, "Alden, I'm not going to stay here forever. I am married to a mobster, if he ever catches the smallest trace that I'm here..." I step forward and look up at him, wrapping my arms around him "then...you are going to die"

"I need to go back, and I need to find out exactly how I plan to live my married life without constant fear of being hurt" I turn towards the door, "so please understand"
Alden sighs heavily, forcefully giving in as he nods helplessly, giving me a small smile "I do, but Sienna...be careful okay?"
I nod back and leave him behind, closing the door gently behind me before he can utter another word.

I walk down the stairs slowly, not wanting to be spotted from the outside. The moment I reach the ground floor I hear footsteps behind me and I quickly walk across the street, into a nearby alley.
I'm about to hurry past the road when someone grabs me by the wrist. A familiar voice reaching my ears, making me stop, He doesn't let go of my hand, pulling me closer to him while holding onto the other wrist tightly.

"What were you thinking? Leaving like that?!" Adonis asks angrily. I pull my arm out of his grasp and try to push him away but he doesn't budge an inch. "Sienna what the hell is wrong with you?, Do you have any idea what you've caused?" he yells.
I try to pull away from him again but he won't move "Adonis let me go-" I start, but he interrupts me again.

"No!" He yells. "Not until you answer me! why would you think it was such a good idea to leave? because of that little argument that night?"
I open my mouth to explain myself, but no sound comes out. Adonis sighs tiredly, looking frustrated. "Look, what happened was an accident" he pulls me closer to him, keeping one hand around my waist.
"It doesn't give you any right to leave like that, Sienna"

"You scared me" I mumble softly, avoiding his gaze as I wrap my arms around myself.
"What you're capable of doing, scares me...and knowing that you are able to get away with it, terrifies me even more," I notice him tense up, but before I can continue he looks me directly in the eye.
"Why do you have to be scared? there's nothing for you to be afraid of, I'm your husband after all, it's only normal that we consummate our marriage"