Ch. 2: A Happy Ending

Gia

I looked at Niyah, staring at him like she saw a ghost. Christian hugged me lightly and then turned to Niyah who shrugged him off.

"Don't touch me! Don't freakin' touch me okay! You don't know how to use your hands, so don't... man." She exhaled loudly, "Just leave me alone." She put her drink down and ran upstairs, pushing people out of the way as she went on. I turned to Christian and crossed my arms.

"Christian, why did you hit her?" He looked at me and shook his head.

"I don't know Gee, I was drunk and I think I was.. y'know.. trying to get some. But she ain't let me! And then she slapped me! So my automatic reaction of course was to slap her back...so I did. I ain't mean to hurt her Gia, you know that!"

I stared at him and rolled my eyes. He looked like he was sincerely sorry, but that doesn't change the fact that he slapped her. "Whatever Chris, don't touch her again."

I turned away from him and walked upstairs, walking pass the people dancing and making out on the walls and rails. I had to check every room upstairs to see where the bathroom was, and the ones I checked all had people in there having sex.

Ew.

I opened one last door, the bathroom door, and saw Niyah on the floor crying with her hands in her face. I sighed and closed the door behind me kneeling by her side and rubbing her back. I hate to see Niyah cry, I'm her little sister but I always feel like I'm her protector. Niyah's been through more than I could even imagine, and all I can do is try to make everything better for her.

"C'mon Niyah, you know you can do better than him." She didn't reply and kept crying; so I tried to say some words of encouragement. "Besides it's not the end of the world, you have me, mom, Chresanto, Tre-" I stopped talking because she started laughing.

"Mom? Yeah right, she's never home. Tre is always with Genesis, and you're always with Chresanto. And me? I'm always alone." She paused and wiped her face. "I wanna go home. This party is doing nothing for me and I looked all cute for nothing!"

I looked at her and laughed, "You're really something else." I wiped her tears and laid my head on her shoulder, "You'll be alright though. I'm your sister and I'll always be here for you."

I hate that Niyah is always sad, why can't there be that one thing to make her happy? Even with Christian she wasn't completely happy, she needs something new.

Or someone new.

Brandon

This party is really starting to get wack now, I don't wanna dance with any of these girls to be honest. Some need to work on their hygiene. I shoulda went and talked to Niyah when I had the chance... but she was with I guess her sister and boyfriend.

I looked for Niyah some more and didn't see her at all. Maybe she left, or is just somewhere else minding her own business, I gotta pee anyway. I went upstairs and walked over to the bathroom door; I started to knock 'til I heard my name inside.

"What about Brandon? Why don't you talk to him?" I tried to recognize the voice, wondering who could be talking about me; but I couldn't, 'til I heard Niyah talking.

"I just met Brandon tonight, and you're never supposed to pick someone you like over the one you love."

I smiled and I know it sounds childish but I was hype, I kinda liked her cute self too. I mean she's beautiful: tanned skin, curly afro, nice body shape - and I'm sure she's more than a pretty image.

"So you do like Brandon?" There was a pause and then I heard laughing. "If you do then go for it, if you loved Christian so much you wouldn't have started to like Brandon."