Ch. 24: New Year, New Me

The book will be ending soon, I could go on and on and on, but it has to end somewhere 😭 There definitely will be a book two though, and I already have my plan for that. Thanks to everyone for reading 💖

Gia
December 31, 2015 - 11:59 p.m.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year!" Everyone around screamed and I joined in screaming at the top of my lungs. Not only was it finally 2015, but I'm finally 18! I was laughing with Indya the whole time, who has been my New York buddy for the past two weeks and keeping me leveled with all the shit going on in my life.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see Chresanto smiling down at me. I couldn't help it so I smiled back, and let him pull me close to him. He leaned down and kissed me and I don't know if it was the liquor.. because we aren't on good terms; but I kissed him back. I was smiling the whole time, and I genuinely felt happy for the first time in a while.

It might be that I'm drunk.

After a while I pulled away and stared at him, wondering if that was a big ass mistake or needed reconciliation. I've been acting like I'm perfectly fine without Chresanto, but I haven't been at all. I think about him every time I'm almost happy and I wish I could share the moment with him. I'm finally doing that now and I feel really good about it.

Then again, it could be that I'm just really drunk.

"Happy New Year and Happy Birthday baby." I didn't know how to respond so I just smiled and said thank you. A couple more people came up to me saying happy birthday and I gave them all smiles and hugs, my birthday was starting off right. I was at Brandon's house and the party included his family only, but they all treat me and Niyah like their own. Having all these people around me who care about me is a great feeling since my parents went on vacation to DR and Niyah's away.

"Ayee happy new year, we in this bitch finna get crunk!" I laughed and shook my head at Brandon, not knowing if he was just being him or drunk as shit. "And happy birthday to Ms. Gia, finally grown like she wants to be." I turned to Brandon and smiled hugging him. "Happy New Year Brandon, and thank you."

I was smiling until I looked over and saw the Puerto Rican girl he's always with looking over at us. "Brandon what's her issue? She don't like Dominicans are something? Porque si ella tiene una problema, I will turn up in here and set her ass straight." Brandon laughed and looked over at her.

"Nah she just mad 'cause I ain't give her a New Years kiss. She don't want any problems with Giavanni Hernandez the undefeated champ." I glared at her and started walking over, 'til Brandon pulled me back.

"Im not gonna touch her B, I just want to know why she's all on my sister's man while she's away. If Niyah was here she wouldn't be doing this bullshit."

"Aight, go talk to her. If you fight her I'll hold back on breaking it up so fast, 'cause I wanna see this." I started walking, brushing past Chresanto and his friends, walking past Anabella and Michael, and walked up the girl. She wasn't looking my way so when I approached her I tapped her shoulder and she turned my way, surprised as hell. "Hey there, I'm Gia, Niyah's sister."

She smiled and put her hand out, I took it firmly and shook it, being just as fake as her ass. "I'm Selangie but you can call me Sel."

"Wow that's an ugly ass name." I mumbled.

"Huh?" She asked, confused. I smiled and shook my head, laughing on the inside.

"Anyways, I'm not here for a friendly meeting. I'm not here to get to know you, I don't care who you are actually. But I want to know why in the fuck you act like Brandon is single? That's my sister's boyfriend, not just her baby daddy."