Ch. 12: I Knew You Were Trouble

April 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Brandon

"Brandon, when is Niyah coming back?" Courtney asked as I held her in my arms watching the Real World Portland. I never really like this show, but I got into it since I watched it with Niyah.

"She's coming back today babygirl don't trip okay?" She turned her head towards the wall and sighed. I smiled and shook my head, I think it's cute that Courtney misses Niyah and has a close relationship with her. Courtney hated Kayla and tried to break us up every chance she got, so seeing her open up to Niyah and avoid being a brat is a miracle.

The funeral and burial happened already and Niyah didn't want to stay longer so she's coming back. I missed her a lot . It's only been two days but I basically spend every second of the day with Niyah, it's weird.

I ran my fingers through Courtney's hair a couple of times, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep. Until there was a knock at the fucking door waking me up.

I sighed loudly and walked over to the door opening it. And there was Niyah, standing there soaking wet from the rain but still looking hella beautiful. I smiled at her and pulled her into my house taking her suitcases and bringing them to the foyer.

"Niyah!!!" Courtney screamed and ran into Niyah's arms wrapping her legs around her waist and arms around her neck. She didn't care that she was wet, that's how much she missed her. They both were smiling and Niyah repeatedly kissed Courtney's cheek.

"I missed you so much babygirl, how was B treating you?"

"He was nice, he missed you way more than me though. He talked about you coming back every single day! Every day Niyah! Then he went and bought you this really nice-"

"Bouquet of flowers!" I jumped in saying and giving Court the death glare. I love her so much, but sometimes she needa learn how to shut the hell up.

She smiled and looked around, "Where are they? Ha."

"Brandon, get your ass in here!" My mom called from upstairs.

"I'll be back." I went upstairs and found her in my room with the promise ring I bought for Niyah earlier today, here comes the love oration. "What the hell is this? I know you're not proposing to that girl!"

"No ma, it's just a promise ring. Calm down." I walked over to take the ring but she yanked it away staring into my eyes.

"Brandon you are young, I don't want you to give your everything to this one girl. I love Niyah, she's become like a daughter to me, but do you think this thing will last forever?"

"Yes I do, I love Niyah. Now can I have the ring back?" My mother stared at me for a little while longer and handed over the ring.

"Fine, don't come crying to me when you get your heart broken."