Ch. 3: He's Back

Niyah

Tre was driving us home from the party, meanwhile I'm dozing off. I looked back and saw Gia sleeping and checked my phone, which was dry as usual. I sighed and leaned my head on the window a bit and closed my eyes.

Five minutes later.

"Bitch wake up, we're here." Tre said and shook me.

I leaned up and looked out the window and saw trees, and noticed the car was still moving. "I swear I hate you!" I grunted and put the hood to my sweater over my head. Tre is my best friend and it's been that way since freshman year, but I swear his ass is irritating.

"I'm bored, and Gia's sleep and your baldheaded ass not keeping me company!"

I laughed and pushed his arm lightly, "I'm not baldheaded, that's your lil girlfriend Genesis boo boo."

He chuckled a bit and then put on a straight face, "Don't talk about my girlfriend, I don't talk about that lil gay boy you like."

"For the last time, Christian ain't gay!"

"Whatever. He probably cheated on you with another nigga, that's why y'all broke up huh?"

I thought about that question. Not the part about another nigga, but me and Chris breaking up. I realized even though I've been with him for the longest, he's not what I need; and he's not what I want anymore. I'm tired of him disrespecting me, lying to me, and most importantly cheating on me. Yes, I said cheating: probably more than five times at that.

I always told myself those girls don't matter and they're just temporary, but if he cared he wouldn't do it in the first place. I hate that I'm so forgiving and sympathetic, they're sometimes good qualities; but overall people walk all over me.

It's not easy to just wake up and say: I'm gonna be stronger today. It takes a lot of work and practice, and so far I'm not doing too well.

"You good Niyah?" I turned to Tre quickly, immediately snapping out of my thoughts. He laughed and made a turn onto my block stopping in front of my house. "I didn't mean what I said about Christian, sorry for bringing it up."

"It's aight, it's old news." He leaned over and hugged me for a while. It felt good to get a genuine hug from someone other than Gia, I needed it too.

"Aight, imma see you at the strip club tomorrow Chyna."

I rolled my eyes and shook Gia waking her up, "Let's go Gee." I grabbed my bag from the floor of the car and turned to Tre, "And stop calling me a stripper that's your mother."

He started to reply but I already got out and closed the door. Tre could go on all day calling me all kinds of names, and I'm not good at roasting; at all.

"Aye, who's car is that?" Gia asked while stretching. I looked at a white Mercedes parked behind my mom's Acura.

"Uh I don't know... maybe one of her dates?" My mother's always out with a different man, I don't think she sleeps with them but it's still a little excessive. They all have money, all Latino, and I honestly think she's trying to find a man like my father.

Minus his little issue.

Well, big issue.

We walked up to the door, which was cracked. My mother does come home a little tipsy sometimes but this isn't something she'd do. "Uh why didn't she lock the door.. let alone close it."

We walked in and saw glass all over the floor. Pieces of the vases were all over the place, with dirt and flowers in the mix. The table and chairs were knocked over, with all the fruits from the table too. It looked like something straight out of a scary movie.