(9) SOLACE IN SILENCE

After a tiring day as usual tenderness of night was tackling the stress factors of day while stepping ahead with the vibes of relaxation

After a tiring day as usual tenderness of night was tackling the stress factors of day while stepping ahead with the vibes of relaxation. Arjun who was proceeding towards his chamber was pacing a bit slowly like the occasional wind appearing in between as the companion of night relaxation. The morning incident was roaming in his mind making him think to change his approach.

He never faced anything like this with any of his wife. But Subhadra is never like others in any manner. Though both he and Subhadra were childhood friends still he was feeling like there are many new phenomenons to take place in area of his astonishment about her.

"What kind of weird situation is this! I need to knock the door of my own chamber before entering in," He murmured to himself before knocking.

"Yes, come in if you wanna be here peacefully, or else no need to come," Subhadra answered referring to the morning incident, to which Arjun did facepalm that she's still stuck there.

"What's there in your hand?" She asked when noticed that he kept his one hand behind himself.

"Something which you will love," He answered with a smile.

"Then show it to me," She urged with excitement.

"Before that show me your strength," Saying this he held the gift box in air above her level to reach.

She started to jump around him like a kid for her favourite sweet, and he kept moving the gift box from side to side while enjoying her moves. At last she pushed him a bit. When he stumbled she took advantage of that, and grabbed that gift box. He huffed thinking that her childhood activities are still same.

"Wowww! Bangles!" She exclaimed after opening the box, and sat on the couch to examine the bangles.

"Since childhood itself you love bangles. But won't you ask that why I brought these for you?" He asked while taking his seat beside her.

"No, I won't ask. You brought it for me means I deserve these, and I don't ever question my deserving," She answered playfully, but that amused him.

"How can you be right about the reason of my action each time?" An amused smile followed his question.

"I am getting this compliment from you since childhood. Make some changes in this, Arjun!" She told making his smile wider with the last utterance. Yes, it was his name from her mouth.

"It's really long that you addressed me with my name like you used to do in childhood," The essence of happy days was ringing in his voice.

"Don't think that I will spare you with my half deserving if you butter me like this," Her statement made him come out of his remembrance with jerk.

"Half deserving! What's that, Subhi?" He questioned surprisingly.

"Sorry. You didn't tell me sorry for that morning incident," Her statement made him facepalm internally.