(23) A NIGHT BEFORE JOURNEY

A mission oriented journey holds many plans to be executed

A mission oriented journey holds many plans to be executed. But royal family of indraprastha doesn't know about the path towards the goal for which their journey meant to be. They only knew that their wives would accomplish the mission. Except this nothing else was known to them regarding the mission.

"Are you missing someone?" Nakul saw Karenumati staring at night sky.

"Don't know. But I feel like any well wisher of mine is looking at me amidst of these stars," Her thoughtful answer made Nakul realise that she was missing her mother unknowingly.

When we are about to go on a journey mother is the best well wisher for us undoubtedly. Though father also wishes our wellbeing during any journey still his strict attitude suppress his feelings to come out the fullest. But mother pours all her care and concern without any hurdle, without any hesitation.

Nakul caressed Karenumati's hairs affectionately to convey his unexpressed emotion, his care to her. She looked at him for some moments. Then she went inside quietly. He felt she wasn't feeling free to share anything with him at that time.

Going into chamber he found her laying to sleep. He patted her head, and she leaned towards him in sleep.

"Last time your were in my arms when I helped you in entangling your veil from my ornaments. It's too long, even difficult to cross the distance till that day," He told to her who was in a deep sleep.

"Am I so ignorant about you, about your wishes, about your pains? Am I an irresponsible one towards you being engrossed in my passion?" She hummed at his question.

"Are you still awake? Can you hear me?" He checked upon her only to hear her steady breathes.

"If I lack something then it has to be fulfilled by you. None of us is self sufficient. That's why God made soulmates. This soul is missing his soulmate," She leaned more towards him as if making him feel her presence in response to his statement.

He closed his eyes with a smile.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" Sahdev woke up after hearing Vijaya's sobbing

"I am feeling lonely. I feel scared to sleep under silence," She replied making him bewildered.