(24) THE QUEEN'S SECRET

Sun started to peep slowly into the next day which started with the scene of departure at the main entrance of Indraprastha

Sun started to peep slowly into the next day which started with the scene of departure at the main entrance of Indraprastha. Having blessing from Kunti and Yudhishthir, taking good wishes from smiling faces of Devika and Draupadi the travellers started their journey along with the rajguru of Mahismati.

After journey of three days they reached at Mahismati which was nothing more than a forgotten memory on the pages of history. Miserable views lead them throughout their way to palace.

Broken houses were looking at them in bewilderment. Abandoned agricultural lands were in awe that who came there to hear their years long ordeals. Dried trees who were not even worthy for being fuel were scanning the shadows of travellers as if those were the shadows of clouds to soothe their burning at least if not going to grant them a new life.

The half destroyed stalls were indicating about well established markets in streets. Few metallic pieces of jewelleries were informing about the cheerful festive vibes of Mahismati once upon a time which was just a story to be narrated now.

"Here's is our palace," Chariots stopped at rajguru's declaration.

A giant infrastructure embracing the beauty of fine artistic hands was standing in front to welcome the guests. Though the glow of plaster was deprived of it's finishing coating due to not getting care and attention still the palace of Mahismati had the ability to allure each eye to spare some moments to praise it's architecture.

Everyone climbed down from chariots when noticed two ladies were approaching towards them. The one in simple attire with white tilak on forehead was recognised to be the queen of Mahismati. Age factors have failed to lessened her beauty to an expected point. Serene eyes, strength of determination in her body language made everyone bow down to her in respect.

Another lady was wife of rajguru who welcomed guests at queen's indication.

"Welcome to Mahismati, princes and little saviours," The queen joined her hands towards them.

"It's my misfortune to welcome all of you not genuinely, but being insisted by my selfish motives. I am apologizing for this," Her deep voice was proofing her genuineness.

"Please don't say like this, Maharani. We are fortunate enough to get the chance of serving this important purpose for Mahismati," Arjun was the first one to interact with the queen.

"Glad to be graced by your generous words. Please come inside," She urged with the slightest smile of hers in courtesy of guests.

"What's your name, beautiful queen?" Vijaya asked while proceeding with everyone.

"My name is Kumudini," She replied.

"Pretty name indeed," Valandhara complimented happily.