CHAPTER 4

"Oh, thank god! We're here." Youngeun was too exhausted to immediately sit on the waiting shed. "I'll need to have some errands in Gangnam today. But, yeah, nevermind, I'm going with you." She look so upset while saying those.

"Ah, Kang Yeseo must be waiting there. Her parents will hold a party in Gangnam today, right?" I sit beside Youngeun.

"But, that's not what I mean. She didn't even invite me to attend there today. She announced it on Twitter." She showed it up to me.

"What if she's just shy to invite you? Come on, you can do your 'errand' now. I won't bother." What a timing that the bus arrived. I stood up and board before waving my hand to Youngeun.

"Are you sure?!" She shouted from outside.

"I'm fine." I thumbs up.

There in the bus I'd felt a short period of peace. Just looking outside as the scenery started to shift from high buildings to old built ones. I am enjoying the feels. But somehow, I am a bit afraid of being back at this place again. I am scared...scared of those memories I had. But nevermind, I am f*cking here.

"Let's go, Minji!" As the bus stop, a middle aged woman and her daughter caught my eyes. And the moment I look at into the child, I saw a bracelet falling from her backpack. I suppose to get it for her but I was startled when she quickly hold my wrist. "Eonnie, no, please, my friend gave me this. I missed her." She picked it herself and waved a goodbye to me.

I was left confused. I was about to help her, right? What's the thing?!

"Excuse me, young lady at the back! This is the last stop!" The driver loudly uttered.

Oh, right, right!

I went out of the bus and started to walk. While wandering, I noticed the place seems to look very different. Though, I can only recall very few vivid memories everytime I went out of the orphanage to play. Yeah, not a cool kind of kid back then.

But gosh, I was walking in peace, not until...

"Dayeon?" Who the h*ll is the owner of that voice?!

Kim Chaehyun?!

I didn't waste any second and walked straight forward. No glancing at the back and no listening to that one calling and calling my name.

"Kim Dayeon!"

"Dayeon!"

"Dayeon!"

"Dayeoooon!!*

"Ya! Do you hear me!?"

"I'm Kim Chaehyun, yohoo!"

Damn it! People are confusingly looking at us with this face saying the 'Guys, what are you doing?!' thing.

"Come on! Did you forget me? Hello? Kim Chaehyun imnida!!! Are you avoiding me because of your debt?" She didn't even get tired of chasing after me.

I scratched my forehead and stopped. Right when I stop she also stayed still.

I rolled my eyes and look at her. "What? Debt? Well, I'm going to pay it don't worry. Can you move away now?" I uttered and walked away.

"Ya! You're acting rude. Can I join your walk?" I facepalm mentally because of what I've just heard.

Oh, for god's sake can't you just walk alone?!

"Ya, excuse me? I'm not acting rude." She's putting me in this sh*t situation. "Then okay, let's go." I crossed my arms and walked with stumping feet.

"Assa! Thanks!" She grinned ear to ear.

Yes, we walked together. That's not a good idea if only she knows. Come on, do we really need to feel awkward walking 1 kilometer with each other? Okay fine!

"By the way, why are you here?" She broke the silence first.

I gaze at her and answer, "and why do I have to tell you?"

"Because I'm asking? Just kidding haha!" She laughed.

"I'm going in the or—"

"Orphanage?!" I can't believe how this is happening.

"I mean, O-orange orchard, yeah, orange orchard." I smiled and looked away.

"Ohh, I'm going to the orphanage today. I missed going there. Would you like to accompany me?" Oh, h*ck, what's with her?! Is she planning to annoy me all day!?

"Haha, no need." Am I her mother to accompany her there?! "I have a lot to do today. Bye!" I was about to enter the ice cream shop to escape but fine let me die!

"W-wait!" I stepped back and face her again.

"What?" I can't do smile anymore. Why is it people don't directly say what they really want to and need to wait for 'what?'?

"I really really want to be friends with you." She looked down and pout.

"So?"

"Can we?" She stare at me directly into my eyes.

"Ahm...of course." I nodded.

"Nice to be friends with you again!" She uttered before going away.

Be friends again?

"Ahh, yeah, friends again."

Now, I really understand everything. I can confirm. My guts since the beginning was right. She is really that girl whom I still hate the most until now.

....

Don't forget to vote guys!!! I'll update everyday. HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S.