CHAPTER 5

"Really? You and Chaehyun eonnie met yesterday?!" I barely listen to Youngeun's voice from the phone.

"Yeah, but that was so awkward." I replied while staring at the wall and sighs.

"So? You shoo her away? Is it?!" She sounds so disappointed of guessing what just I've did.

"I'm not gonna lie but does that sounds so stupid?" I don't feel worried because I shooed Kim Chaehyun away that's no big deal. I worry so much of how do I should treat her the next time we meet again. "Youngeun, I made a problem, me and Chaehyun are friends." I felt a heavy heart. This is a stress.

"Oh? You guys are friends? What's the problem then, eonnie?"

"I mean, I want to be friends with other people but since I accepted her as my friend. That means I have to deal with her every moment we meet. Isn't it?" Yes! Currently, I am very problematic about this such big sh*t. I wonder why I'm being too careless these days.

"That's overacting. Are you taking drugs? Your weird." Youngeun uttered from the opposite line.

"No, I'm just....being cautious?" I mumbled.

I even get more confused. I remember, I never told Youngeun about my past. Should I tell her now?

"Dayeon eonnie? Are you still there?! Don't tell me you already fall asleep?! Ya!" She's so noisy.

Now, I must tell her everything that I believe to be true.

"Youngeun-ah, what if I tell you a story?" I said out of a sudden.

"Huh? Why so sudden? Are you trying to trick me? Come on, don't change the topic eonnie."

"So stubborn, if you don't want to listen then I'll call Hikaru now—"

"That's unfair eonnie, okay I'll listen but we're not yet done talking about you and Chaehyun eonnie."

"Hayst, do you remember the time I told you when grandma choi adopted me from an orphanage?"

"Yeah, I remember."

"There's a story I got from the orphanage back then...It was spring, I guess, maybe in 2009. It's always raining almost everyday that month, yet that's weird. And so people had to really adjust by the weather. People that time are really careful at the slippery streets and highways but certain accidents still takes place..."

Flashback...

I walk fast as I could that time. Chaehyunie is mad. She wants me to go with her outside and escape from the old woman in the door. But orphanage is fun than outside.

"Do you know where we are now?" She asks while keep holding my arms forcing me to follow her.

"Orphanage," she says I'm stupid sometimes.

"We're in Gwangju. I told you Kongsunie, it's not fun there. So help me, let's beg people to adopt us together." I don't understand what she wanna mean and all I knew is what my job is to follow her words.

We went to a playground where slides and anything are soaked wet. There's nothing to do there anymore. But Chaehyunie insisted. We'll play there.

We played hide and seek and so on. We had fun the whole day but I don't like it anymore. I was then tired and felt a sudden sickness. And then a man pass by. He saw us there and even ask us to have a picture.

I wasn't happy at all. I really wanna go back to the orphanage and take a rest in the bed.

I pulled Chaehyunie's shirt. "I wanna go home." I was in an urged of crying but she just caressed my cheeks.

"Kongsunie, I don't want you to get adopted." She pouted and looked downwards.

"Please don't cry," I was there to wipe her tears. "We'll get adopted together." I reassured, as if I knew the future than her.

"No, today, you'll have your new parents. So please don't go!" And as a girl around 6 years old I knew she's mad. I knew she wants us to be together.

...End of flashback

"But no, that younger girl thought it's fine. She thought everything was fine. But that same day. That older girl pushed her almost to death and was the reason that she slept for 7 years. Was too long that when she woke up, it was too late for her to be happy."

"Awwww, Dayeon eonnie. That's sad." Youngeun pretends to cry. "But, what happened to them both? Was that the end? Haha, boring."

"No it's not yet the end. Because tommorow is the exam and surely we're dead. That's the end."

"Woah? Is it tomorrow?! I forgot! Ok, bye!" She hung up the call without waiting me to say even a goodnight.

I put down the phone and spread my body to bed. Life is so tiresome. "Hayst!" I'm still worried.

Our story might end after me dying because of stress, hayst.

......

(Yeah, it's confusing but just understand it guys. I just came back.)