CHAPTER 11

"Woah? How did my grades turn to this?" I uttered while still can't believe how this happened.

"We almost failed. How lucky we are now." How weird that Youngeun could still smile ear to ear after being ranked last.

"Huh? Lucky? Look at my grandmother she's not happy." I pointed my halmoni who's busy arguing with my teacher because of my grades.

Youngeun just laughed at me and left like today is the happiest day of her life, weird.

"Dayeon!" Ohh, I knew it. I saw Kim Chaehyun behind.

"If you're going to tell me about your high rank you should step away. I'm skilled in hapkido," I muttered as I hide my report card.

"Hmm? My grades sucks. I wonder what the orphanage can say about it." From the tone of her voice I can sense she's upset. It's still odd to see her like this.

"At this age, you're still in the orphanage?" I asked, confused.

"No, that's not it. But the organization still helps me most of the time," she replied.

"Ohh, you didn't got adopted." I nodded.

"Honestly, I didn't leave the orphanage til I knew I can live alone. Many had offer to adopt me but I refuse. You maybe also not know but...I still waited for you. Though, I thought you're dead," she stated without any hint of expression on her face.

That was a little bit short but every detail made me interested somehow.

"Yeah, I was dead. You killed me. It's just so funny how small this world is. For 2 years of seeing you everyday in the hallway. I didn't thought you were my childhood friend." I chuckled. Because fate had really tricked me so much.

"But you still looked like a hamster. I also didn't thought kongsunie and you are one. You're no more cute 'cause you don't even smile." She laughed and slap my arms.

"Yah, you're overacting. Just imagine me smiling to everyone everyday. People will just think I loose a knot in my brain."

Chaehyun immediately shift her expression to serious one and hold her chuckles. "Then just don't try to be cold or be rude."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"Repeat it again, I'm going to hit your head up," I showed her my fist.

"Kim Dayeon, let's go home. Oh, hi, Chae-chaehyun?" I was a bit scared the way my grandma look at me but as soon as she saw Chaehyun, her mood just changed in an instant.

"Hello, halmoni." She's good at changing her personality, huh.

"How was your grades?"

"Uhm, it's fine. I even went here to invite Dayeon and Youngeun to celebrate, hehe," she lied.

"Such a liar," I mumbled.

"That's a good idea. Dayeon and Youngeun might have high grades next time." She smiled to Chaehyun and whispered me, "listen, better be surrounded with people like Chaehyun." And she just forced me to stood beside Chaehyun.

"I'll send them home, Halmoni! Bye!" Chaehyun waved to her and she also waved back.

"You guys should help each other. Okay?" Hayst, my grandmother is really kind, oh my gosh.

"Yea—ouch!" I nudged her.

"How dare you to lie like that?" I glared at her and wait for her response.

"You should be thankful instead, you'll be with me everyday. I'll...help you and you help me." She winked at me.

"Oh really? As if I would go there with you. I'm telling you I can't even help my self." I am trying to make her stay away from me but she's too stubborn.

"If that so, let's just go in the karaoke bar." She was about to hold my hand which I quickly avoided.

"Wae? What are we going to do there?!" I crossed my arms.

"Sing, and it's only you and me."

I wonder why I believed at her and just find out that Yujin, Hikaru, Youngeun and even Mashiro eonnie are there.

"I thought—"before I could say something too long Chaehyun cut my words off.

"Surprise!!!"

Oh, the hell.

....

I found this boring but I'm trying my very best.