CHAPTER I - Brewing Storm

At the Harbor of the City of the Dragon, in the northern part of the Cadia Riverlands. A Naval ship belonging to Naval General Yi Sun-shin prepares to set sail. He only uses his Turtle ship when engaging in a Naval war; this time he's using a traveling ship. Before they went to sail to the vast blue sea, Yi Sun-shin paid a visit to the Captain's deck, giving him an official order.

Captain, we will be leaving immediately and sailing to the Vonetis Archipelago, he commanded.

"In general, we can't sail in there all of a sudden. What if we don't know what weather today is waiting for us in there?" The Captain's sentence got cut off as Shin aimed his blade at the Captain's neck.

"Are you defying your General now? You've been following my orders for countless years, and how many wars? No buts, Captain, what I say everyone must do." Shin lowered his glaive.

The Captain sighed and ordered the other crew members to get the ship ready soon. Shin returned to his cabin, taking out a journal beneath his desk. His purpose in traveling to the Vonetis Archipelago is to conduct trade with the three islands and their respective leaders. Shin knows the Leader from Perlas Island and also the one who took control of Solari Island. Unfortunately, he only knew Lapu-Lapu and Badang. The other Island is still mysterious to him. It seems the Ocean Storm prevented anyone from invading and entering the Island of Blue Flame. It took three days for them to sail until they reached the Vonetis Gulf. The harsh waves greeted them, but it was more unusual than before. Dark clouds move closer, and even the sea breeze responds to the brewing storm.

"General Yi, we should turn the ship now. There's no other way in the storm!" The crew member exclaimed.

"Ready to sail through the storm!" Stubborn Yi Sun-shin insisted as the crew members followed his orders.

The persistent general takes the steering wheel of the ship, taking control of the entire ship. The Captain also told the other crew to cut the support ropes.

"Close the sail!" Another Crew member shouted.

"Keep your eyes on the Horizon!" Shin exclaimed gripping the steering wheel tightly.

Booming thunder and lightning seemed to dance above the dark sky. Large waves and whirlpools kept on forming as the violent storm shook the entire ship. Heavy rainfall from above makes it difficult to see the harsh ocean. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning hit the wooden pole of the ship, setting it ablaze.

"Gather some buckets and wash off the fire!" The crew members fill their wooden buckets wth ocean water.

"General Shin, if this will continue I'm afraid we can't survive this storm!" The Captain yell in fear.

"The ship is heavy too, we have lots of loads such as cannonballs. Reduce the heavy items!" The fire has been taken off and they start reducing the heavy loads.

"Only the Geobukseon could resist this storm." Shin tsked under his breath not letting go of the steering wheel.

"General we have reduced the loads!" The crew answered as Shin endured the heavy rainfall and harsh sea breeze slapping his face.

"We're almost past Blue Flame Island! Steady on your positions and hold on tight!" The Captain exclaimed, yet he saw a large, enormous wave looming above the ship, ready to crash down.

"Aghhhhh, it's a tide Wave! "The crew members screamed in horror. Before Shin could turn back the ship, the huge Tsunami devoured their ship. The Oceans engulfed them whole until the Sea remained calm again.

"Where…am…I? Where's my entire crew?" Yi Sun-shin opened his eyes; that's when he realized he's at the brink of the ocean. He had no strength left on his body to swim back to the surface. The last thing he remembered was trying to steer away the ship from the Tsunami. He smiled as his eyelids began to feel heavy and everything blacked out.

And then he felt heavy hands press against his chest that almost made him mistake them for steel. Yi Sun-shin gasped as he opened his eyes, seeing the Leader of Solari Island. Badang sighed in relief, greeting his friend who got washed off the shore. Shin sits up from the sand, inspecting if his weapon is still intact. He sighed in relief when he found his glaive still on his waist and his large bow behind his back. The Iron Fist offered his hand to the Naval General to stand up.

"I didn't expect you here to get washed by the shore." Badang looked worried at his friend.

"A storm greeted us as we sail here to Vonetis Archipelago." Shin muttered as if the sea water make his voice weak.

"Lucky you, you have survived that Ocean Storm. It's been a while it happened, anyway where are your crew members?" Badang asked slowly.

"I don't know where they are, probably they got washed away too or some of them get drowned." Shin lowered his glance on the sandy beach of Solari.

"Let's get you some new clothes, you're soaked in ocean water." Badang chuckled patting slightly the shoulder of his comrade.

Along the way to the Tribal Village of Solari, Yi Sun-shin and Badang discuss the trading system of the Vonetis Archipelago and the City of the Dragon. The Naval General also changed his clothes into Tribal Red ones that Badang gave him. The Solarians welcomed him wholeheartedly, and by the dinner, Yi-Sun Shin had dined with Badang, discussing some other things, especially the weird weather around the Blue Flame.

"I never experienced that kind of storm before, it's very unusual as if a Demon or a Deity is angry causing up the storm." Shin drink his cup of alcohol.

"Maybe someone is not in the mood that time." Badang shrugged his Iron shoulders.

"Something is drawing me in here at the Southern Seas too, something strange. A voice of a woman, I can hear it when I almost drown." The General explained making his Iron fist friend spit out his drink.

"She wants to challenged you I assume." Badang grinned before biting the piece of meat from his platter.

"This woman wants to challenge me?" Shin raised his eyebrows before gazing out the window of Badang's hut. The night sky twinkled w/ thousand of stars.

"She rarely took interest in any mortal. Perhaps you're going to meet her soon." Badang finish up his meal leaving Yi Sun-shin confused at the dinning table.

Edited: 07/07/23