CHAPTER XII - Pearl of Dawn

A/N: Hello, my dear readers! You have reached the last chapter of the story, and congratulations! There are two Epilogues for this story.
If you have decided to read the Main Epilogue, then I suggest you read the second book.
Then, if you read the Alternate Epilogue, you don't have to read the second book.
But of course, the reader's decision depends on whether they want to read both Epilogues. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question about this book after reading the ending.

🌊🌊🔱🌊🌊

When the battle had subsided, Kadita felt her last remaining magic inside her body. Deities have their own limits too, and she has reached hers. With her last magic, the Ocean Goddess floated higher as the waters of the ocean bellowed and stirred into a whirlpool. Black pearls from her tears fell from her eyes. She felt mixed emotions about everything. The betrayal of Yi Sun-shin to her and the Ocean getting contaminated The Abyss wants to take control of the Oceanic Pearl. With one last smile, Kadita gave some of her life essence to each of her friends, who fought hard to protect the Vonetis Archipelago.

"Ocean, heed my call; I summon the Oceanic Pearl to cleanse the Southern Seas. Bring back everything as before, Pearl of Dawn!" Kadita's divided seven spears gathered her final strength, sucking most of her magic into the weapon.

Breathing weakly, the seven Trident sucked every magic from her body, thus making a White Orb glow and turn into a Shiny gigantic pearl like a Kranken's eye. The Pearl drops of crystal clear water are cleansing the Ocean now. Pods of Water Demons who died in the battle get revived again. Kadita smiled weakly as the ocean turned back to its usual blue color. The acidic essence of the Abyss vanishes, and the other sea creatures get reborn again. She knows the consequences of what she did by using the Pearl of Dawn. She will lose her deity powers and her memories. The Seven Ocean Demons will take back the Trident from her, and she will remain mortal.

After the Pearl cleansed the Southern Seas, its power spread across the Ocean. Restoring every drop of water in the land of Dawn makes it clean and safe for everyone. The Ocean Goddess fell back to the ocean with a splash, her unconscious body being carried by the waves. The Oceanic storm that seemed to devour the whole Archipelago vanished too. Badang and Lapu woke up after everything was restored by the Pearl. They didn't know what happened, but they are sure that they repelled and defeated Liquid Fire Thamuz.

"Badang have you seen Kadita? We should thank her for healing us." Lapu looked around for the Queen.

"I haven't seen her too." Badang glance to his shoulders and torso noticing the deep wounds and bruises are gone now.

"Perhaps she have return now to her Underwater Palace. She's a Queen and we all know that she's a busy woman." Lapu said before boarding a small boat back to Perlas Island.

"She'll visit us soon. Take care on your way my friend." Badang waved at Lapu and he left too back at Solari Island.

The ocean is contaminated no more, and so are the other bodies of water in the whole Land of Dawn. Meanwhile, the Blue Oceanic Mist returned to Blue Flame Island. Few people survived the battle, but they didn't stop praying for the goddess. Meanwhile, somewhere in the Southern Seas, the Seven Water Demons rise from the salty waters. Kadita's unconscious body floated to the ocean. The female water demon took her body with care and said,

"My child you have protected us all and restored the peace to the Ocean and the Archipelago." The female water demon caress her blue ocean hair lovingly like a mother.

"We will take back now the Seven Legendary Spear." The other water demon said.

"You will loose your Goddess powers but your ability to control the water will remain. All of your memories will be gone." The King of the water demons said.

"My Child, you will become the Goddess again if you will remember all your memories of your past life."

Her body may be unconscious, but her heart and mind could feel what the aquatic demons said. It seems like a faint song to her ears, soothing her to sleep. One sentence remained in her memory. "I am always ready for my new life." The Seven oceanic demons take back the seven Trident and Kadita's Goddess powers. Wielding the weapons precisely, they used their magic to erase all her memories and rebirth her again as a mortal. Far off the Southern Seas, the turtle ship is sailing. Yi Sun-shin decided to pay a visit to the Vonetis Islands, hoping he could see Kadita one last time and ask for forgiveness. Badang and Lapu felt anxious; a year had passed already, but they had never seen Kadita again. Even Gatotkaca felt it; the presence of her sister vanished nowhere in the Land of Dawn. Her friends and her brother mourned for her loss, thinking she was gone forever. Shin couldn't find her any more, and so he returned to the City of the Dragon without Kadita.

🌊🌊🔱🌊🌊

During the summer in the Vonetis Archipelago, the three Islands celebrated the Festival of Tides. A celebration to the ocean goddess Kadita, remembering her sacrifices to the Ocean. Flower Baskets tied with green ribbons let them flow to the ocean as everyone sings the Song of Tides. The festival lasted for seven days, or one week. From now on, Badang and Lapu continued to protect the Vonetis Archipelago without the Queen. She is still alive in everyone's hearts, and her moments with them.

Now the Trident was taken back by the seven water demons, who kept it at Kratoro Segoro Castle, also known as the Underwater Castle. Only the seven spears could summon the Pearl of Dawn again. Meanwhile, somewhere near the Statue of the Ocean Goddess, the Iron Buddha, Tribal Warrior, and Iron Fist gaze at the Sunset over the sea.

"I'm still hoping my Sister would return to us." Gatotkaca smiled refraining his tears.

"Me too, I believe Kadita will return." Badang nodded.

"Let's head back now." Lapu said before leaving a glance to the reflection of setting Sun in the water.

Edited: 07/07/23