CHAPTER III - Siren's Lure

Night came, and everyone else had just finished their dinner. Shin's crew went to their respective rooms and to his as well. The General pushed the wooden bamboo door open, revealing what was inside. Bamboo bed with the straw mat laying on top and pillows. He didn't expect anything else; of course, this place is Perlas Island. Shin walked to the closed door at the right of the room. He thought it was the door to the bathroom or wardrobe, but it is the door to the balcony facing the ocean. The gentle Sea breeze greeted him, and tribal curtains fluttered against the window. Shin silently watches the night sky; the sea wave hugs the shore, and a gentle breeze makes his ebony locks flutter.

He was about to step inside his room when he heard the voice of a woman. It's so alluring that it almost sounds like a lullaby singing to lure you into sleep. Shin didn't blink his eyes, but he continued listening to the woman's voice. Chills ran down his spine until he lost his ability to think straight. He was now hypnotized, and the General silently left the Bamboo Apartment. Barefoot walking to the sandy beach and into the docks of Perlas Island His blank auburn eyes stared straight ahead, his footstep making the wooden docks creak a bit. No one noticed that Shin left his room, not even his crewman, Lapu, or even Badang.

Everyone is sleeping soundly. Shin boards a small row boat. Blankly staring somewhere, he continued to row slowly until he reached the Blue fog covering Blue Flame Island. The Bluish Ocean mist seemed to glow warmer. Even the woman's singing voice continued to ring in Shin's ears. A gentle ocean wave cradled the small boat, and he continued to row more into the Ocean mist until he couldn't see Perlas Island. The voice echoes louder and louder, luring him into something unknown in the South Sea. Shin stopped when the water unexpectedly turned into a whirlpool. His state of mind isn't back yet, but something grabbed him into the salty ocean water.

Her blue ocean hair flows freely to the water, her fingers intricate with green, shiny scales. The mermaid, or rather, the Queen of the South Seas, lures the Naval General to the depths of the Ocean. Grasping her arms around his broad shoulders, the Siren continued her song until she was done. Without hesitation, the mermaid brought her lips to his. Her arms tangled around him, locking their lips together. Shin didn't mind if a mermaid was kissing him right now; his thoughts are still lost in the dark. In a split second, her scaly hand grabbed his neck, chocking him in the process. Shin's blank eyes widen in fear until he gets his own consciousness back. He kept struggling with the mermaid's grasp on his neck.

Trying to resist, Shin grabbed back her arms to break free. All he could see deep in the water was a pair of shining sea green eyes. Shin struggles to breathe deeply in the water as the mermaid's sharp fingers dig sharply into his flesh, making it bleed. A Monstrous voice echoed, making him shiver unknowingly.

"The Invaders who invades Southern Seas your days are over!" The mermaid yell beneath the water.

Shin blinks his eyes simultaneously, hearing that what's behind the monstrous voice is the voice and face of the Goddess. Slowly, using his strength, he began to channel his energy. The Naval God of War resists the Ocean Goddess, untangling her hands and choking his neck. Their uncertain powers clash together, trying to overcome one another. The mermaid talked to him telepathically, trying to drown him.

"What are you?! How could you rival my power?"  She refrained using her Oceanic weapon.

Shin swam away from the mermaid trying to kill him and swam back to the surface of the water. Using much of his Naval powers, he summoned a small geobukseon, just like how his Large turtle ship looks. He climbed up and boarded it, sailing back to Perlas Island away from the Blue Oceanic Mist lingering in the Southern Seas. He could hear his own heartbeat at a fast pace, as if it wanted to break his ribcage. When he docked back at Perlas Island, all his crew, including Lapu and Badang, approached him.

"Where have you been?! We've been looking for you, everyone is worried on your whereabouts Shin!" Lapu exclaimed.

"You're fishing at this hour? Come on t
I think it's past twelve in the morning." Badang groaned rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"I heard the woman's voice again and I saw her beneath the Ocean water! She's trying to kill me!" Shin shivered from the cold water his clothes soaked wet.

"Are you sure you saw that woman? Maybe you just feel asleep on the boat and dreaming. Sailors often do that when sailing to the ocean." Badang tried to lighten up the mood.

"Yes I'm very sure of it. She seem weird she looks like a monster but her voice. Her voice sounds magical that it keeps calling me." Shin felt slightly nauseous, letting the crewmen assist him back to the Bamboo Apartment of Lapu.

"What does she look like if you have seen her?" The Tribal Warrior muttered under his breath.

"She looks like a human and a fish, her lower half covered in green sparkling scales, she even have fins in hue of green and yellow. Her hair Blue like the Ocean and she have Emerald green eyes." Shin tried to remember what the Siren look like.

Both his friends gasps even their eyes are widened, faking a cough Badang speak up first.

"These creatures are called Sirens or Mermaids, Southern Seas is the place where they Originated. Shin, you just met the Mermaid Queen." Badang finished his sentence patting his friend on the shoulder.

Once again Shin look back at the Ocean far away that he could see the Glowing Blue Ocean mist hovering around the Blue Flames.

"I thought these creatures don't exist at all, they only exist in fantasy story books and such." Shin grip the handle of his glaive firmly.

"Believe it or not they are the once who protect the South Sea and the Vonetis Archipelago. One of them have a gigantic statue build on the Blue Flame Island. The Statue of the Ocean Goddess." Lapu yawned and stretch out his arms.

"Really?" Shin said interestingly.

"Yep anyways all of us should go back to sleep. The next three days we will travel to Blue Flame Island. As long as me and Badang will accompany you." Lapu entered back his room and so the others.

The Naval General entered his own room too slowly, closing the Balcony doors and even the window, shutting the curtains. Climbing up the bamboo bed with a straw mat, Shin just stared at the ceiling silently, trying to remember what happened at that moment.

Edited: 07/07/23