CHAPTER VIII - Just a Date

Kadita woke up in a strange bed in strange surroundings when he realized she wasn't at the Vonetis at all. Still in her nightgown, she went out of her room and walked to the strange halls. Some maids look at her weirdly from head to toe; she was about to exit the entire house when someone just grabbed her waist. She shifted her gaze, seeing the young General leaning on her shoulder.

"My Fiance shouldn't go outside only wearing a Night gown." Yi Sun-shin whispered to her ear.

Kadita felt his warm breath near her ear and neck, then tint of red began to cross on her face.

"T-Then w-what should I wear?" Her graceful voice stuttered all of a sudden.

"Go back to your room Honey, the maids will bring Oriental clothes for you to wear." Shin told her.

"I-I'm not your Honey! And we are not married yet!" Kadita scoffed before leaving Shin alone in the hall way as she walked back to her room. "Stupid General." She thought yet the blush is still plastered in her face.

Minutes later, the maids have finally brought the clothes she needs to wear. With green fabric silks and such, the maids helped Kadita style her long blue hair into a lower bun, putting some hair pins on it. The hairpin design is a seashell, which she really likes. When she was done preparing, the maids guided her to the dining hall, where Yi Sun-shin waited for her.

(Just imagine this is the Clothes that Kadita wear right now)

Kadita's Green Hanbok Dress

(And this is the clothes that Yi Sun-shin wear right now

(And this is the clothes that Yi Sun-shin wear right now. Also I don't own this images, they belong to they're proper owners.)

Yi Sun-shin's Red Hanbok Clothes

(Or you guys should prefer Yi Sun-shin wearing his Classic clothes in game

(Or you guys should prefer Yi Sun-shin wearing his Classic clothes in game.)

The Naval General motioned to Kadita to sit on the small cushion. Various Korean meals are served on the small table, and there's a small portion of rice too in a small bowl. Kadita stared at the food first before she took the chopsticks in her hand hesitantly. Her hands were quivering until she dropped the chopsticks back on the table.

"You don't know how to use them?" Shin asked.

"No I don't sorry." Kadita just shook her head.

"Wait here I'll get you some utensils." The General stood up heading to the kitchen asking for a Spoon and a Fork. Curious Kitchen staff gave the items to him, and Shin went back to the dinning giving the Utensils to the Bluenette Queen.

"Thank you…" She replied shortly and the two of them began to eat their breakfast in silence.

🌊🌊🔱🌊🌊

The morning sun gently shines upon them as the young General and the Queen begin to stroll on the City streets. Shin held her hand, which Kadita didn't mind at all, but the flustered color on her face still remained. Just like what happened when Kadita arrived here at this place, the people began to stare and gossip at her.

"Is she the new woman of the General?" The other lady said.

"She's going to be a concubine perhaps." And they continue to gossip on and on.

She just rolled her eyes before she paced much faster, dragging Shin with her, even though she didn't know where to go. The two of them stopped in the middle of City Central, and Shin offered to let her sit on a nearby bench.

"Don't mind what they said okay." He said and Kadita just nodded before she speak.

"It feels weird to be not in my home. I feel lonely to a place where I don't belong." She muttered.

"Alright we have the whole day to have a date! Let's go Kadita." Shin grabbed her hand gently.

They went to the other stores and shops where they could buy some clothes for Kadita, and the two of them also went to a theater play about the Japanese invasion of Korea. (Inspired by the Joseon Dynasty) When the play is finished, Shin just decides to bring Kadita to a Korean resto, this time teaching her how to use chopsticks. She may have failed it twice or three times, but she got it exactly the fifth time. As the two finished their meal, Shin paid for it. Kadita offered a helping hand too; she almost took her small pouch filled with luminous pearls and shiny ones. But Yi Sun-shin refused; she should have saved them for planning the wedding. This time the two went to the main harbor of the City of the Dragon. Most of the Fishermen know Yi Sun-shin; furthermore,  they walk together. Kadita could see a large naval fleet dock in the main harbor.

"You going to show me something?" Kadita asked out of nowhere.

"Yes I will show you the Turtle ship and we can go inside to explore. Worry not you're the first woman I will bring in there." Shin gently grasped her waist as they walked together.

When everyone notice that the General have arrived. The whole crew of the whole fleet lined up together precisely greeting the General.

"Greetings to Admiral Yi Sun-shin of City of the Dragon."

"Everyone I would like to meet you all my soon to be wife, Queen Kadita of Vonetis Archipelago." Shin introduced the Bluenette woman.

"Wife? But Sir we thought she's going to be you're concubine?" The second Captain interrupted.

"Non-sense! She's a Queen from a foreign land, she must be respected to be my wife." Shin declared with his booming voice.

The whole fleet nodded before the Admiral stationed them back to their places, yet Kadita felt something strange. Yi Sun-shin might be keeping something from her; she must find it out before the wedding happens. Together, the young admiral and the Ocean Goddess entered the Geobukseon. It is literally enormous outside and inside, covered in spikes like she'll be outside. There are twelve large cannons on each side, and there is also one cannon on the dragon's head. large paddles on the sides too. Right now, Yi Sun-shin and Kadita are on the main control deck of the Turtle Ship.

"Thanks for the accompany for me today. I appreciate it but still I don't understand why my brother set us up in a political marriage." Kadita murmured while sipping on her warm cup of tea.

"Don't think about that for now Kadita, but I'm willing to learn much about you." Shin smiled genuinely.

"Yes same for me too." Kadita beamed her graceful smile, making the Admiral get stunned w/ her beauty.

Edited: 07/07/23