Worst Day Ever

I could feel Beth intense stare on me as the girls walked into the kitchen. The kids were already asleep upstairs, so was Mac, where they couldn't hear all of the non sense that was about to come out of my mouth, and could stay unaware of all the madness my sisters and Ruby brought into our lives.

"What's going on here?" Annie asked, dropping her jacket over the couch before she took a seat on the bar stool next to Ruby, who wore the same confused look on her face.

"Apparently, mister gang leader has taken a liking to Megan..." Beth growled, and I had to bite my tongue. There were much more important topics to talk about at the moment. If we were getting out of this mess, I should at least try and not cause a fight between us.

"He went looking for me at my house." Ruby gasped in surprise as her brow furrowed.

"Are you alright?" Annie asked. "What about Mac and Evan? He didn't see gang friend, did he?" She burst out.

"I don't think so..." I denied. "He also came here..."

"He was outside with Kenny..." Beth added abruptly, causing both of them too look at her in disbelief.

"Yeah. He said he wants all four of us to pick up something for him in Canada." Beth placed her hands on her hips and looked down to the floor as she let a sigh escape her lips.

"I told him..." Beth looked up at us and shook her head. "We should leave Megan out of this. He's gotta understand. She wasn't part of this. I don't know why he's so persistent." She muttered. " I mean... He's been to our houses. He talked to my kid."

"What's with you and this whole let's protect Megan thing? Since when do you care?" Those words came out of my mind without me even realizing it. It was hard for me to contain when I saw such hypocrite behavior being displayed before me, specially coming from her.

"Let's not get carried away." Ruby intervened as I flashed a glare of suspicion towards Beth who seemed unbothered.

"I thought we were done with this." Annie said. "And what exactly would we be picking up from... Canada?" She said as she huffed.

"He says it's better if we don't know..." I muttered.

"Mmm..." Annie hummed. Beth and Ruby looked at her confused, but her glare only landed on me. I just rolled my eyes. "Mmm-mmm..." She hummed a little bit louder now, at the realization that I knew what she meant by that, before she turned to Ruby and Beth. "Oh, come on. Guys, seriously?" She sighed.

"One of you, just say it." Beth exclaimed.

"Drugs." Annie muttered.

"Up our asses." I said, rolling my eyes. "He's got me all wrong if he thinks anything is going up that hole." I shook my head no as Annie furrowed her brow.

"Nothing?" She asked, and weirdly enough, she seemed very confused by this.

"No-thing."

"Wait a- What?" Ruby asked, genuinely terrified.

"Well, otherwise you gotta swallow the baggie, which frankly seems even more uncomfortable. You know, I'd almost rather shove-" Annie continued to ramble.