Under Pressure I

It was daytime when my shift finally came to an end. I couldn't be more grateful for that as I was almost done with my workout routine, doing my usual set of pull-ups before I went home. Honestly, I hated doing pull-ups, my arms hurt and my muscles felt like they were on fire, but it was basic training.

My eyes traced to the entrence of the station, meeting my brother's gaze as he smiled widely at me, proudly holding a bunch of papers on his right hand as he made his way towards me.

"He-" Before I could even greet him, he cut me off.

"I got my tests back!" He announced. "I'm cleared to go back to work, baby!" He celebrated. "And just a week away from submissions being due for the Hot Days, Smoldering Nights: Men of the DFD wall calendar, and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like it was destined, little sister."

I chuckled slightly and got off the equipment to embrace him. "That's great, Buck. I've missed having you around here." I said, pulling away from him to grab a bottle of water as I felt my mouth become dry. "Just remember, it's for charity." Buck rolled his eyes at me before he took a quick look at his surroundings, probably expecting to see Bobby around.

"Let's get started!" Our glances went straight to the changing room, watching as Eddie walked up to me, now wearing his workout clothes: a black and loosen tank-top, black sweatpants and a pair of boxing gloves.

The brunette barely acknowledge Evan, since he wasn't wearing his uniform and were yet to meet each other, and went straight to the next equipment: the abdominal crunch bench. I sighed in defeat, accepting my cruel destiny.

Eddie liked to take care of himself. I could see that. He didn't have big muscles like Evan, but unlike my brother, his upper body seemed a lot more toned, like he worked out regularly, but just enough to show off some muscles, not so as much to brag about them. That, was Evan's style.

I saw my brother's gaze turn into a confused and concerned glare as I walked over to the bench, where Eddie awaited patiently. "Dude, staring at a lady is not nice." The new recruit commented, rather politely as he shifted his gaze to meet Evan's.

However, Eddie's remark had a nasty effect on Buck, as the tone in his voice became harsher and defensive. "I think I can stare at my twin sister all I want." He reprimanded.

Eddie's hazel eyes met mine briefly, while I was still trying to get comfortable on the bench. He looked shocked, and his gaze seemed to analyze both Evan and I's features for a moment. "Right, yeah, I see it now." He said, grinning. "Still. Creepy, man." He insisted, raising an eyebrow at Evan as I chuckled, amused by Evan's annoyed gaze. About time someone got to his nerves. It was nearly impossible to upset Buck, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it a little bit.

"Sorry, who are you?" He questioned, slowly walking up to us, well, Eddie. At that point I was only a spectator. After all, everyone seemed to ignore my presence as I began doing my sets, despite the fact that, both of them where supposed to be there for me.

"Eddie Diaz. New recruit." Bobby stated from behind him, taking him by surprise.

Evan turned around and met our boss face to face. Part of him seemed relieved to see him there, as he was bringing amazing news, nevertheless, he looked pissed at Bobby for something we were all unaware of. "Bobby, you're already replacing me?" He asked, his voice carrying sadness, as if he felt betrayed by his boss for bringing Eddie into the team.

"You keep going..." Eddie murmured, unwilling to interrupt their discussion, and signaled me to keep going.

"Oh, so now your attention's on me. I already lost count." I complained rather jokingly, wearing a playful smile on my face, one he reciprocated.