Heartbreaker

Mac's school

I hopped out of the truck and Evan followed closely

I hopped out of the truck and Evan followed closely. Today was proving to be an interesting day to say the least. With my brother back on the job and Eddie taking Chimney's place, we all felt a little off.

Hen was struggling immensely with Eddie, not because he wasn't good. He was more than experienced and worked well with the rest of the team. He fit in quite nicely. However, Hen was being extremely picky. She missed Chimney greatly, and hadn't adjusted to the idea of rolling in that ambulance with someone that wasn't him. We all understood her pain, but as hard as it was, Cap Nash was right. We had to bring someone else in. Hen had to accept Chimney's death one way or the other. I couldn't keep doing what I was doing to keep everyone happy. I had issues of my own.

On the other hand, Buck seemed to have a problem with Eddie. I understood his concerns... partially. At first, he felt like he had been replaced. Nevertheless, he wasn't happy to find out Eddie was actually replacing Chim either. This had brought Hen and Buck closer, as they both refused to treat Eddie as one of our own. Needless to say they didn't like him. At all.

I had the suspicion this could bring some trouble, and disrupt the flow of the team for the time being. So until they decided to be adults and accept Eddie as part of our little family, I'd have to be his rock, and really, only friend at the station, or poor Eddie would quit after his first 48 hour shift.

Only issue with that was, I found him quite attractive.

After I talked to Karen the day before, I was coming to the conclusion that I may, possibly, conceivably like him a little bit. And that, I had a problem with.

Cap carried the young lady out of the light aircraft in the middle of that golf course while the rest of us rushed to help the unconscious victim. She was small, with dark brown hair and very pale skin. Her boyfriend was there. I suspected he was the pilot. We didn't have too much information about the events that led to her suddenly discomposing, but it had to be bad for him not to fly to the nearest airport only 15 minutes away, and instead, make an emergency landing in the middle of a very busy golf course.

Nash put her on the ground and allowed us to work on her, while he kept her boyfriend away from us. "Blood pressure's 80/40 and still dropping. Looks like a possible heart attack. Does she have any history of heart problems?" I asked.

"No, she's only 32. How does this happen?" He seemed to be panicking. Obviously it was a very distressful situation for him, but he tried to keep his cool, unwilling to pressure us with too many questions.

"Nitro sublingual." Hen said, reaching for her bag when Evan's phone began to ring.

My glare shifted to his mobile's screen instinctively, reading the ID caller before he picked it up.

Abby Clark.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and focused on the patient in front of me.