Taking Care Of Business

Megan's bedroom.

Mac's Bedroom

Mac's Bedroom

I woke up the next morning and found the bed empty

I woke up the next morning and found the bed empty. For a moment, I wondered if it had all been a dream. It wasn't too far fetched to think maybe I had neglected my sexual life to the point where I was going nuts. Specifically since my mind had picked Rio to satisfy those urges.

As much as I wanted to believe it was all in my head, the mess that was now my bed said otherwise. My jeans were hanging from the floor lamp and my parties... God, where were those?

I got up from bed and went straight into my private bathroom. I turned on the light and turned the valve. Waiting for the water to heat up, I decided to take a quick peek at my reflection, finding marks on my neck from the previous night. Definitely not a dream. I shook my head in disbelief at my actions.

The warmth of the water relaxed my muscles as I cleaned my body and washed my hair. Yet, I was incapable of keeping Rio out of my thoughts.
I couldn't deny it. I didn't fully regret it. He felt so good. His skin against mine, his frame, we fitted so perfectly. But it was wrong. Having sex with him was not okay. Neither was letting him stay the night. I had a daughter for God's sake. How could I let such a dangerous person inside my home? In my bed!

I got out of the shower and dried myself up with a towel before I walked out of the bathroom.

My phone rang in the kitchen, telling me to hurry up. I put on my underwear, some shorts and a loosened, white shirt and snickers before I walked out of the room. I rushed into the kitchen. My eyes lazily landing on the clock hanging from the wall before I threw myself over the white counter.

5:30 a.m. No wonder it was still so dark outside.
I saw the caller ID and answered it immediately.

"Hey, I've been texting you for half an hour. Athena told me what happened last night. Are you all right? Bobby said you can take the rest of the week off if you need to." Said Hen from the other end of the line. "Can we meet up today? I really need to talk to you, you won't believe the night I had. I told Eddie about the Fullmoon theory, he wouldn't buy it. But I think I just confirmed it. Megan, I fucked up, big time." I heard the front door unlock and I turned my focus to the entrance. Rio walked inside the apartment. He moved very nonchalantly, like he owned the place.