A unexpected visit

****Nina's POV****

**((the following Monday))**

It's been a week Since the school shooting
A week since one of my best friend's Mia was killed

My dad, Amanda and I went to Donald's funeral Friday, it was a very small thing. His mom acted weird, Sonny didn't leave my side the whole time we was there. It's so insane and wild to me that my mom,Joe, and now Donald is gone.
Saturday we went to Mia's funeral and we had a nice celebration of life for her, so many people come. Even Nicole. Nicole and I actually became friends and exchanged numbers, we made amends with one another. Hiding in the a bathroom during the school shooting I guess is what needed to happen for us to get along.

It still hurts and it probably always will.

As much as we was all crushed by it, we cheerleaders did a dance in Mia's honor at her funeral.
There wasn't a dry eye in that room, and we all held each other after the dance crying.

Mia was my friend and I'll never forget her.
Noah was with her up until he had to run otherwise he woulda died too, the moment she closed her eyes he ran. It was suspected she was probably too far gone to be saved at that point, she wasn't alone. She never did regain consciousness after she closed her eyes.

Anchor beach will be closed for a month but my dad informed me we will be leaving for New York Friday. We are going to go on a father daughter trip, I'll get to meet his parents my Nonna and Nonno officially and his sister, my aunt.
I'm anxious to officially meet them-talking to them every once in a while on FaceTime and the phone with our lives is different than actually meeting them.

Sonny told me how much his parents are excited to officially meet me and his sister, they hate the circumstances of why we are coming but want to take full advantage of us being there for along while. Sonny says we won't come home until after the New Year, how long after the new year I'm not sure. Spending Christmas and New Years in New York will be a different and first for me.

Sonny moved me to do online school through anchor beach, and probably by the time we get back cheer season will be coming to an end. It's one day a time right now, it's hard and difficult to sleep.
I know for good or for bad none of us will be the same. My dad said that and couldn't be truer words.

I was brought back to reality when Sonny yelled out the back door

"Hey Nina Noah is here."
He said

"Ah sweet ok."
I said

Noah came out the door and I jumped off the swing and ran straight to Noah.

We went in for a big hug and pulled away from one another

"How are you?"
I asked

"Going to miss you like crazy"
He wiped his eyes

"I know."
I said

I wiped the tears from my eyes

"How are you handling everything from the shooting?"
I asked

"Umm it's hard."
Noah looked down

"You know it's ok to get help if you need it."
I choked on my words when I said that

"Yeah."
Noah smiled

"Noah I love you and I just want you to always know that."
I said

"I love you too."
He smiled

"I'll wait for you while you're gone."
He added

I just leaned in and hugged him

****Sonny's POV****