A year Later

*****Sonny's POV****

It's been a year now Since Nina died
Joey is a year old and walking everywhere he's a spitting image of Nina in a male version and acts like her already.

Noah is a junior in high-school and he's over everyday to help out with Joey and bond with him. I enjoy hearing about school and occasionally I'll go to football games, I know Nina would like that and I know she'd be out there cheering if she was still here.
Nina's friends speak to me when I see them, and I'll admit it's hard but it's nice to know my daughter hasn't been forgotten and that her friends still think about her.

We also have exciting news.
Amanda and I are expecting a child and Amanda is 6 months along and we are having a girl, her name is still to be determined but we are so excited.

I was brought back to reality, sitting in my office, I looked at the serval pictures I had of Nina and I on my desk. The last one we had together on the beach at the father daughter dance.

I had a moment And I just let some tears  fall my face. I miss that kid but I'm so thankful that I had the time I did. It just wasn't long enough

Nina would be 16 now probably driving and doing dance, Going on dates with Noah, prom, dances, the list does on. We both went through a lot of shit together, but she made me a dad. She made me a better person all the way around.

I heard knocks at my door

It was Olivia and Nick

"You alright Carisi?"
Olivia asked

"Yeah, yeah."
I said wiping my tears

"Carisi, it's been a year....we all miss her it's ok to be sad."
Nick said

I took the picture at the father daughter dance and showed it to Olivia and Nick

"I can't believe she's been gone a year, it doesn't seem real."
I said

"I know. (Olivia took a deep breath) I felt like we just found out who she was your daughter."
Olivia said

"Carisi you was the best dad to her, you know that right?"
Nick said

"She sure changed us all for the better."
I said

"She did, she did just that."
Olivia said

"Hey why don't you take the rest of the day off, go be with Joey or do something until you have to pick him up from daycare."
Olivia said

"Thanks, there's something I actually have to do."
I said

I got in my car and I went to the beach and went back out spot, the last time we was here together

I stood there closed my eyes and felt the wind hit my face and heard the waves Moving, the warm sand in my toes

"I miss you so much Nina, I miss you terrible."
I said

At that moment warm air hit my face and I felt a sense of peace and comfort. I knew she was here with me and she would always be with me.

I drove home and decided to take a nap before picking up Joey from daycare.

I closed my eyes

((Dreaming))

"Dad...dad."
I heard someone and felt someone shaking my shoulders

I opened my eyes

"Nina?!"
I said

I jumped up off the bed

Nina had the most beautiful white sundress on and her hair was long and perfect, her blue eyes popping more than ever.

"Hey daddy!"
She smiled

I picked her up and held her close to me

"I miss you."
I said crying

"I miss you too."
She said squeezing me back

We pulled away from one another
Nina wiped my tears like she used too, she smiled the whole time

"I'm pain free now and I'm glad you read my letter and I'm so happy for you and Amanda. You're having another girl!"
Nina smiled

"I haven't stopped missing you since you died, we haven't... none of us have forgot you."
I said

"I know. I watch over you all everyday. Now I have a sister on the way, did you know Amanda had a daughter here too? Her name is Billie, we play a lot together."
Nina laughed

I began to cry again

"Nina I love you, life is hard without you."
I said

"I know but one day we will be together again, your time on earth must continue."
Nina said

"Will you visit me again?"
I asked

"Yes, but hey I have to go for now. You have to pick up Joey soon."
Nina kissed my cheek

I kissed her cheek back

"I love you Nina Carisi."
I hugged her tight crying

"I love you Dad."
She hugged me

I put her down and she smiled at me and waved and ran off into the sunset

I was woken up by my alarm
I sat up quickly realizing what I just experienced was only a dream.

I had a sense of peace and shed a few tears.

"Thanks for visiting me Nina, I love you."
I said out loud

I was confident I would see my daughter again.
I drove to the daycare to pick up Joey and he smiled right when he seen me and ran right to me and I picked him up

He squeezed me tight and leaned back up to look me in the face

"Momma is In Heaven."
Joey smiled

"I know buddy, I know."
I smiled

Joey hugged me tight and I held him.

"We'll see momma again one day."
I said

Joey leaned up and looked at me
He smiled big

I drove home smiling and trying not to cry thinking about what Joey said shortly after my dream.

Nina's love for sure is like the wind, even though I can't see it I can feel it and I know she's here. Parents who lost their children have a bad habit of saying "I had a son or I had a daughter" the fact is I have a daughter who's not here anymore, she has angel wings. I didn't have her real long but I had her and I was so lucky to have her as my daughter, I was lucky to be able to be her dad and be there until the end. I consider that a blessing. She saved my life and made me a better person. I won't ever forget her.

I pulled up in-front of the house, Amanda and Noah was sitting on the porch swing smiling and waving.

I got Joey out of the car and brought him up to the porch.

"Hunny you look so peaceful."
Amanda smiled

"Yeah, Nina visited me today."
I said

"Well that's funny she visited Noah last night."
Amanda said

"You care to share?"
I asked

"Yes of course if you want to share as well."
Noah said

"Yeah, let me tell you all about it."
I smiled

THE END