Chapter 1

Third person's POV

Once upon a time when people still believe the world is only consisted of flat ground, mountains, oceans, rivers and a blue sky. Everything is just like how they see it, nothing below the earth, nothing above the sky.

A world where violence is a way to show one's power, and war is the only way to solve conflicts. However, the beauty inside of every human still exists, people value love and harmony. This is the time where men and women are equal, king or queen can lead a country, a man or a woman can be the head of a household as long they are capable of it.

Relationships and marriages aren't limited to only between a man and a woman, a man can have relationship with a man, and a woman can get married to a woman, as long as they love each other. There are no judgement, no prejudice as people are free to have their own beliefs, some believe that God is a man but some believe that God is a woman.

Despite the freedom of love and beliefs, it was a period of heavily slavery in practice. People who are poor and powerless sell themselves or be sold to be slaves, serving their masters who are rich and powerful lords, nobles, and royalties.

It was indeed a long long time ago, when those slavery practice countries are ruled by their kings and queens. The royal families are considered descendants of Gods, they hold absolute power over anything and anyone, their words are God's wills and whoever dares to stand against them has to face death.

The world as they know it, exists four powerful kingdoms, who are the owners of four corners of this earth,

In the North is the great Macedon Kingdom, ruled by the Myoui royal family. King Myoui Kao is a ruthless man who loves power and is merciless to everyone and anyone, except for his two beloved daughters, 14 years old, older Princess Momo and 12 years old, youngest Princess Mina. Princess Momo takes after her King father in many ways, from her looks to her personality. She's a little ruthless, but has great passion, very decisive and doesn't let her own feelings interfere with her decisions, she has no unnecessary compassion towards anyone, but only has a soft spot for her little sister, Princess Mina,

Opposite to her older sister, Princess Mina is the carbon copy of her Queen mother, she's gentle, she's compassionate. She's an innocent kid with an opened heart and a positive attitude. A little indecisive sometimes but with her very lovable personality, she's the national treasure of her King father, especially because she looks just the same as her late Queen mother who the King loved with all his heart. At the tender age of 12, Princess Mina is already famous across the four Kingdoms for her ethereal beauty and her golden heart. People call her a living goddess as even the most beautiful flower out there would be put to shame, if it is to be compared with her out of this world beauty.

In the South is the beautiful and peaceful Castlemaine Kingdom, ruled by the Son royal family. King Son Tae Sun and Queen Kim Sin Hee are both wise, gentle and calm, which is why they are loved and respected by their people, from loyal subjects to commoners,

12 years old Princess Chaeyoung is the beautiful result of the King and Queen's harmonious love. She's bright and intelligent, she's honest and full of courage, she's generous and very decisive. And just like her King and Queen parents, she's gentle, calm and centered. On top of all that, she is blessed with every prettiest facial features which people only can wish they would have. Most importantly, she has great integrity, she knows who she is and is sure of herself, the exact quality of a royal ruler, and that's why the King already has his mind set to give Princess Chaeyoung the throne when it's the right time.

In the West is the Euroa Kingdom, ruled by Queen Sun Hwa, a Queen who is kind but doesn't have a strong mind set to be a ruler of a country. And that trait goes to her 15 years old son, Prince Suho. He's talented, very handsome, good at sword skills but doesn't have a wise and strong mind set of a future King.

In the East is the Benalla Kingdom, ruled by the young King Choi Siwon, he takes the throne when he was only 25 years old. He's good looking but very arrogant, he abuses his power and uses his rights of a King to get whatever he wants, from wealth to people's own freedom. Whoever he sets his eyes on, he would forcefully take their body, doesn't matter if it's men or women, doesn't matter if that person is rich or poor, noble or commoner.

The four Kingdoms have been living in peace for many many years, but of course there are always someone who doesn't think they have enough. King Myoui is hungry for power, his dream is to unite all four Kingdoms into one under his ruling. For many years, the late Queen who is gentle and kind, would always try to talk him out of it, and with his love for her, he has been restraining himself. But since the Queen passed two years ago, he has turned more ruthless, more greedy. With the mind set of wanting to take everything in the world for his two beloved daughters, he has been training his soldiers for war. And the target is none other than the beautiful and peaceful Castlemaine Kingdom.

Castlemaine Kingdom has never been engaged in any war, the people have been living in peace for decades, and that's why this attack from Macedon Kingdom had completely taken them by suprise,

Without much preparation, King Son leads a hurrily gathered army to defend his country. But the Macedon army is just too strong and fully trained for war. In a short period of one week, Macedon completely won over Castlemaine and took control of the whole Kingdom.

King Myoui sets up a system of colonisation over Castlemaine Kingdom, he takes all the wealth from the Son royal family and also takes away all their power and titles.

To avoid the people of Castlemaine who would think of gathering an army to rebel his ruling, King Myoui takes the defeated King Son and his Queen back to Macedon as hostages. Originally, King Myoui wanted to take the young Princess Chaeyoung, but with the immeasurable amount of love for their daughter, King Son and his Queen sacrifice themselves to go in her place,

King Myoui announced to the people of Castlemaine that he would bring King Son and his Queen over to Macedon as guests for ten years. And if in that ten years, Castlemaine diligently submit enough valuable products, such as gold, silver, even rice and grains to Macedon, their King and Queen would be returned safely.

And just like that, the young Princess Chaeyoung was removed out of her own palace, forced to be separated from her King and Queen parents. As young as 12, Chaeyoung has to work hard labour together with her people to have enough products to submit to Macedon Kingdom every year, in order to keep her parents safe. Even with the royal blood in her veins, Chaeyoung is now a royalty without her palace, a Princess without her title.