XI

Sara heard a knock from her door.

- Who is it?

Sara asked, opening the door. She almost fell when she saw who it was.

- You- Ahem. Greetings. Your Excellency.

Sara spoke in a cold tone, then reluctantly bowing.

- Can I come in?

The Shogun asked. Sara led her inside and closed the door. Also locking it so no one knows what is going on.

- What do you want from me?

Sara asked, crossing her arms. She had thought about it yesterday, and she also has lost all respect for her Shogun. Why? It's because the Shogun didn't trust her. Not one bit. 

- Sara, I came to say sorry.

- Sorry?

The Shogun nodded. Sara grumbed and turned to escort her Excellency out but before she could do anything, The Shogun pulled Sara in for a kiss. Sara wanted to pull away, but she couldn't. 

- Please. Let me explain myself. I was miserable when I found that lipstick mark on your forehead. So many people broke my trust, and so I learnt to not trust anyone besides Miko. But then I fell in love with you. I felt like I could trust you with my life. I just knew it. But when I saw...

The Shogun pointed to the lipstick mark that was still on her forehead.

- I felt heartbroken. I am sorry, Sara. Please, forgive me.

Sara felt guilt filling her heart. 

- Of course I will forgive you.