VI

- Wait, remind me again, where are we going?
Sara asked in absolute disbelief.
- Dear, don't ask me again. We're going to the Narukami Shrine.
Ei replied, sounding a little annoyed. Sara opened her mouth to speak again, but she was speechless. Sara just sighed and followed Ei to the Shrine.
- Come inside.
- Wait, where's Lady Gujii..?
Sara asked suspiciously as they went inside Miko's home.
- I am her.
Ei turned around and winked. Suddenly, pink smoke erupted out of nowhere, and standing in front of Sara was not Ei. But Miko.
- Lady Gujii?!
Sara backed away, her back pressed against the wall.
- Yes.
Miko smiled as she slowly approached Sara.
- Where's Ei?! Tell me now!
- Oh, don't worry. She's fine.
Sara grabbed Miko's collar and shoved her against a cupboard.
- Where. Is. Ei?!
Sara was on the verge of beating Miko. But instead of being hurt from Sara's fingernails digging into her neck, Miko laughed.
- She is somewhere you cannot find. My plan worked perfectly well. Except for the fact that the Sergeant didn't do what he was told.
Miko said.
- What plan?!
Sara gripped Miko's collar even tighter making her yelp.
- Ow! Can you calm down? You see, I knew you were going to be late for patrolling. So I set up an ambush there. It worked, but the Sergeant was supposed to bring you to me, not back in his stupid ass bed. So of course, I saved you as Ei. But while you were dealing with that, I also set up an ambush for Ei. Luckily, that didn't go wrong. I was actually supposed to kill you, but when you kissed me...I didn't want to anymore. Besides, who knew you could be so adorable!
Miko inched closer to Sara's face despite her neck now has fingernail bruises.
- You- Huh?!
Sara was grabbed from behind and a tissue covered her nose and mouth tightly, making her unable to breath.
- Miko you...
But before she could finish, she passed out the second time that day.
- Sara? Sara, please wake up.
Sara's eyes slowly opened, and saw supposed Ei looking at her with worried eyes.
- Get away from me! Don't try to trick me again!
Sara slapped the supposed Ei and she fell. Sara scanned her surroundings and noticed she was in a fairly nice room, except for the fact that every single window and door was locked shut. Sara then saw Miko snickering through a peephole.
- Wait...
- Poor Ei.
Sara's eyes widened as she turned to the real Ei.
- Oh my archons! I'm so sorry! Please let me help you up! I'm so so so sorry!
Sara apologized continuously as Ei held onto her to prevent falling again.
- I-It's alright. Miko tricked me with the same disguise.
- She disguised as you?
- No. You.
The two looked at the peephole again, but Miko had already disappeared.
- I'm glad you are alright, Sara. I was so worried when I heard you were ambushed.
Ei hugged Sara, and Sara hugged her back.
- I was worried when I heard you got ambushed too. Did Miko do anything to you?
- No.
- Thank archons.
Sara kissed Ei, hoping this time it would be the right Ei.
- We need to escape.
Sara said, standing up and trying to kick and punch the doors and windows with no luck.
- If lightning and storms can't do anything to it then combat won't work.
Ei stopped Sara before she could bruise her hands.
- I tried. But this place is sealed with magic, not just normal locks.
Ei informed.
- Then how are we supposed to get out?
- I don't know, Sara. But as long as you are safe and here with me, I'm fine.
Sara exhaled and laid down on a very soft bed.
- Rest a little. I will try to get us out of here, but you need to rest. You went through too much today.
Ei placed a hand on Sara's forehead and smiled sadly. Ei leaned over and kissed Sara on the lips.
- Good night.
And Sara drifted to sleep in an instant. The next morning, Sara woke up with arms wrapped around her. She turned around and saw Ei sleeping peacefully next to her. Sara carefully removed Ei's arms and stretched.
- Good morning.
Miko was leaning against the wall with a smile. Sara frowned looking at her.
- What do you want from us?
- Oh no, not us. Only you.
Sara didn't show it, but she was confused.
- What?
- How about I make you a deal? If you become my girlfriend and break up with Ei, I will let her go and never bother her again. How does that sound?
Sara thought about it. Despite the fact that Sara still remembered when Ei said she would've killed herself if she lost Sara, she thought it would be the best choice to agree.
- ...Fine.
Sara sighed, Miko's eyes lit up and a grin formed on her face.
- Alright then! Wa-
- Can I at least spend one last day with her first?
Sara asked. Miko exhaled and agreed.
- But you cannot mention anything we just said, okay? Or else I will lock Ei in this room forever.
Sara gritted her teeth. Miko left with a poof, and that's when Ei woke up.
- Good morning.
Sara smiled. Ei smiled back, with her eyes half open. Ei sat up and yawned.
- When did you get up?
Ei asked. Sara lied that she just woke up too.
- I'm sorry for not being able to find a way to escape, I was just so tired.
Ei apologized, looking down. Sara hugged Ei.
- It's fine. Besides, I think we should spend today together and not bother about escaping.
- Really? Since when do you have that mindset?
Ei looked up to Sara with a small smile.
- Since I met you.