➪FORTY SEVEN

Shit! I scold myself as I look down at my device

Shit! I scold myself as I look down at my device. More than a few missed calls from Nicco. I've been gone nearly all day. It's now 6:00pm. Oh my. My breathing accelerates. I left my phone inside of my purse. I didn't hear it ring, it was on vibrate since I visited the library. Nor did I feel it vibrate.

Hudson stands on the opposite side of the elevator as he holds my cloth bag. It is filled with books. I've gotten myself lost inside of a book today. I nearly read all of it. Ugh, it was so dumb.

"I think it's best that Mr. Rianchi is attending a dinner at the moment. Would you like for him to bring you desert?" Hudson asks, making my eyes peer over at him. Oh god. He must know well about Nicco's temper. I've been biting my lip, it's raw. But his words calm me. Nicco isn't here, yet.

Dinner had me stuffed. Hudson stopped me by a diner that had delicious macaroni and cheese. Quite frankly it was the only thing I ate tonight, everything else wasn't so tasty.

I shake my head. "No thank you. I want ice cream but I'm sure there is some inside the fridge" I say. He nods and holds his head straight forward, looking at the elevator doors that open soon.

"Tomorrow I'll be moving back into the penthouse. I'm not sure if Mr. Rianchi has informed you, but I thought we should talk a bit before it actually happens" he tells me. Moving back in?

"You stayed here before?" I ask.

He nods. "Mr. Rianchi has his cook and security live with him. He stopped all of it the moment you moved inside" he tells me. Oh, yes, Hudson is security. He's everything.

I look down. I had no idea that I was robbing someone of their home when Nicco invited me over for the first time. I knew nothing of the sort. He said that he never liked to have anyone here. I believed him.

"No worries, Miss Cousy. We both have a separate wing. We will not intrude. We have a kitchen, dining area, bathroom, and bedrooms to sustain ourselves. You wouldn't even know we were here" he explains. Oh my, this place is absolutely bigger than I thought. I've yet to explore all of this penthouse. It makes me greedy to. I want to see all of it.

I stay quiet as the elevator doors ding, signaling that we will soon come to a stop. The doors slide open and Hudson doesn't move. I step out, turning to look at him. "I'll be sitting this here. Mr. Rianchi will take care of it when he's back" he tells me. I simply nod. Okay. The bag is way too heavy for me anyways.

He takes a small step to the side and presses a button, making the elevator doors close. This place smells great as always. I slip my jacket off of my arms as I make my way up the stairs. A small smile stills my lips as I look over at the fireplace. Good memories.

Making it up the stairs I head into Nicco's room where I strip myself of all of my clothes. I drop all of my clothes into a bin before stepping into the large shower. Quite frankly it's my favorite thing inside of this bathroom. Yes, the bath is deep and can fit almost three people inside, but the shower, this shower is great. The water turns on and a small squeak teases from my throat. Cold.