06

Taco Bell.

That's where we went after the after party, it's literally 5 am, and we're getting Taco Bell, I know. We'll have to sleep on the bus while we're on our way to the next destination, because we ain't getting any sleep tonight.

"How come you like tacos so much?" She asks as we walk to the nearest location. I know Detroit like the back of my hand, it's easy.

"Cause they're good as fuck, I mean come on now" I chuckle, reaching out and grabbing her hand to lace with mine.

I'm not a really holding hands guy, but something about her made me want to do it. Her moral compass psyches me out. She seems to be a completely independent being, not caring for others too much, and I do badly want her to be dependent on me.

Yeah I know that sounds contradictory, but like, dependent in a healthy way. Not taking my money, not going to me for everything. But I wanna be that person, the one person she cares about. I only met this chick three days ago, but I'm falling man, seriously, my brain is sounding the alarm.

"I guess so... I'm more of a Tim Hortons person, they don't make tacos but I like their bagels and muffins" she shrugs, not paying any mind to the fact that I've grabbed her hand. Girls usually react with blushin' or gigglin' but not her. Nothing.

"What the fuck is Tim Horton's?" I ask casually.

"It's a Canadian... Starbucks? But like, worse? Canadians are just religiously in love with it for some reason, myself included"

"Huh, well, too bad, you ain't gettin that out here" I smirk.

"Oh well, I can deal with that" she smiles tiredly. "I've never lived such an odd lifestyle, concert, after party that makes you wanna off yourself from all the booze, and then junk food" she randomly speaks, admiring the change of events.

"Well I've been at it for quite a while and it never stops being tiring" I laugh, seeing the Taco Bell sign ahead.

I turn back to look at her, and every time my eyes land on her again, it's like seeing her for the first time. She's wearing a right black slip dress with a straight cut cleavage. Her tits are so nice man... and her ass? Shit. Her gorgeous almond eyes, dark and full of something I can't discern. I like her lips, I could kiss them endlessly, they're that perfect cherry color, and so plump...

What am I thinking man? I can't keep denying how insane I am for her. Something about her man (a.n. Totally not a reference to the book Tomie at all...)

We get to the entrance and I pull it open for her, and she walks in, giving me a smile.

I pull my hoodie up quickly and sink into myself. I follow behind her, letting her take initiative. She's got such a confident air to her, I guess if you don't give a shit about anything... YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING... H U H

"Can I get a burrito supreme and uh.. yo you wanna share nachos?" I turn to her.

"Yes." She states, making me let out a little laugh with how serious she says it. "And I'll have a bean burrito" she tells the cashier.

"If I could, I'd have a Taco Bell in my back yard" I speak as I pull out my wallet.

"That's a bit extreme, and would be very boring for the employees" she laughs, crossing her arms

"They get to see Eminem everyday! It better not be boring!" I protest but she's not diggin it.

"Sure bud" she smirks as we wait for our food.

Our number is called and we grab our food. She leads me outside and sits on the curb, patting the area next to me.

"You know there are perfectly good seats inside right?" I chuckle and she nods.

"I like the lights of the city more, even if it's not a great area, I appreciate it" she digs in the bag for her food and doesn't take her eyes of the street lights as she unwraps it.

"So you like the city? What other things do you like?" I ask subtly, looking at her gorgeous face.

"Matcha, that moment when my bed feels so good in the morning, reading depressing novels, Osamu Dazai, journaling, talking to people with different world views who are curious of my own... you" she looked at me when she said it, still not showing emotion before giving a soft smile that her tired eyes lend an air of lust to.

It's what I wanted to know, but I made a mental note of all the other stuff.

"What do you like?" She asks, taking another bite from her burrito.

"You... a lot, which scares me a little, I don't like falling in love, but I'm so damn good at it... but other than that, I like my friends, basket ball, foot ball, my daughter, getting high and having a lot of fun, and I really love sex" I chuckle, I definitely put less thought into my answer compared to her, but it was fine.

"I know you do" she smirks at me, putting the paper down and bringing her hands around her thighs.

"You want some nachos?"

"I just wanna look at this for a sec" she speaks with a voice of admiration.

I go silent, watching the lights and the cars drive by, just being here with someone as chill as her, eating Taco Bell, and looking at my favourite city, my home, this is a good moment.

"Tomie..."

"Yeah..."

"Do you think you're falling in love with me too? Or am I just chasing a delusion?" I ask her, watching her turn to look at me once again.

I can't believe I keep telling her I'm in love with her, she's gonna start seeing me as weak, and will probably take advantage of me... well, that's what I want to believe. I want to believe all bitches are the same, but they're not. She's not the same, the girl that takes a run every day isn't the same, the girl who had my child isn't the same, the girl who models isn't the same, the girl who loves hook ups isn't the same. They're not, but I want them to be, so I can move on from them all quicker. They're all different, and the biggest example is staring me in the face.
(A.n. You're welcome, I just eased some of your internalized misogyny y'all have towards yourselves that you definitely developed from reading Wattpad too young and listening to Eminem)

"Life is meaningless in my eyes, yes, but that means I get to enjoy it without feeling any guilt. If We all get screwed in life, better to get screwed with someone. So yeah to answer your question, I'm falling in love with you too"