15

I storm down to the front desk, watching the attendant's head lift, hearing the sound of my shoes thudding against the lobby tile. She raises an eyebrow at my angry expression, it's currently six in the morning and ain't no damn way I'm waiting till the morning. I'm way too horny and I can't sleep in this state. I slam my fist on to the desk and breathe a sigh.

"I need the room number for Tomie Sato" I grumble, avoiding the eyes of the Desk servant. Oh man if she knew the night I was having...

"Sorry sir but we don't offer out the private information of our clients." She frowns, typing away as she disregards me.

"I'm her Boyfriend, come on I can show you her contact in my phone..." I protest, watching her give me a fake sorrowful expression.

"I'll call her, but if she refuses to give out the number I can't disclose it to you..." she offers and as much as I know this will most likely fail, I nod back, taking the opportunity.

She dials the number and waits for two rings before it picks up, making me thank the heavens above. "Hello Mrs. Sato, there's a Mr..." she looks to me and I've become aware that I haven't given her my name.

"Mathers..." I whisper and she nods, finishing up the introductions on the call.

"He is requesting to have your room number"

All I hear is muffled noises in response before the attendant hangs up the phone and looks at me awkwardly.

"Ok well I have part of the number for you... your... Girlfriend said quote, 'give him the room number and let him figure out the floor' so uhm... the room number is 16..."

It's a little leg but I'll take it, I give a nod with a 'thank you' before running over to the elevator.

***

First floor

"What the fuck do you think you're doing knocking at my door at six thirty in the morning?!"

***

Second floor

"Sir are you aware what time it is?"

***
Third floor

"Are you Eminem? Oh my gosh I'm dreaming! Oh my gosh I'm living in a fan fiction!"

Yeah she proceeded the hyperventilate and pass out, dead ass. To be fair though, if someone like... I don't know, Tupac, showed up at my door, I'd probably pass out too, especially given the fact he's dead... I just awkwardly picked her up, put her back on her bed in the room and nervously closed the door behind me, heading to the next floor.

***
Fourth floor

"Excuse me, but who the fuck are you?"

Every time I had to respond with the same answer, "sorry, wrong floor!" Which was technically true.
***
Fifth floor

"Took you long enough..." Her cheeky voice rings in my ear.

I push her into the room and slam the door behind us, shoving my lips onto her neck.

"You ain't going no where again... you've been a fucking cunt Tomie..." I seethe, my lips grazing her fragile skin.

"Mhm yep" she groans sarcastically, making me bite down hard in response.

She lets out a low moan, bringing her hands to my hair. "What do you want Shady?" She asks, making me raise my head and lift an eyebrow.

"What do you mean what do I want? Wouldn't you know? Mrs. Psychologist?" I question, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Well, I know for damn well you're incredibly difficult, and you like causing shit cause it turns you on. You want to be able to fuck with someone without having any major consequences, and you're incredibly needy. You're used to dealing with toxic relationships so when things are going well for you, you sabotage yourself and blame it on the other person. You want to live in the chaos because it's comfortable for you. You lived in the chaos with your mom, with your aunt, with Kim, with all your other relationships. It's normal to stick with what you're used to, even if it's bad for you, and now you're trying to pull me into the mix" by the end of her basically stripping me dry and exposing me to myself, I've practically backed away from her fully.

My eyes focus on the ground, my lip quivers nervously and my fists clench... what do I say to that?

"I- well uh... are you mad at me for that?" Did she think I was trying to suck her into some crazy roller coaster ride that is my life? I don't know what else to say. I didn't want to flip out like I usually do when I have an argument with a girl acting like she knows me, but Tomie sees what the others don't, I can't hide around her...

"No, Marshall I don't get mad at people, it's pointless. I just know that's how you think, and I'll accept it like anything else, as corny as it sounds, no one's perfect. I can definitely get annoying with my constant cynicism and retaliation..." she sighs, her voice low and and her eyes half closed, signalling to me that she's tired.

"Tomie- I don't really know what to say right now, I think we've been keeping things too surface level..." I mumble, taking a seat at the small chair in the corner of the room. "All we do is fuck, I barely know you, and well... you seem to have me figured out... like... fuck, you've got your shit at my house... and I don't even know what your favourite color is! I assume it's black... I mean, I know you like Osamu Dazai, looking at cities and whatever that Matcha shit is... but... that doesn't feel sufficient..." I don't think I'm breaking things off with her, but I'm voicing my concerns nonetheless.

"I don't have a favourite color, to answer the question, but I'm just curious...? Are you breaking up with me right now?" She asks in an emotionless tone, though her face looks amused.

"No I'm not, I love you too much to do that, and I appreciate that you know me as well as you do, but you're a fucking mystery to me..."

"Well... I mean, that can change... you just never really asked..." she tells me, causing me to nod.

"I know, that's my fault. Trust me, when we're off tour, I'm going to learn every single thing about you ok? Down to your favourite sleeping position." I tell her, standing up and walking back over to her. She doesn't express any emotion other than the corners of her mouth slightly lifting.

I wrap my arms around her and bury my head in her neck.

"I'm sorry..." I mutter without context.

"Why?"

"I've been a dick, have I not?"

"I guess so" she chuckles before breathing a sigh.