Chapter 12

RYAN POV
"Damn Ry. That girl face was fucked up! I feel bad for her and she's an old friend of yours?"

"Ye.. yeah she is. Let's just get outta here, I'm not feeling good"

"Oh damn no yeah fuck these groceries let's get outta here"

BACK AT HOME

"Hey baby. How are you? Is your feet still swollen? How do you feel" Belcalis and Kiari ask as soon as I walk into the living room

"Guys.. guys I'm alright. I'm good. I was just ready to come back home so we left the supermarket"

"Oh okay baby. I understand " Belcalis says rubbing my stomach and giving me a kiss on the cheek

But all I can do is think of Normani. Her face. The way she looked. The sadness in her voice. In her eyes.
It was like looking at a ghost. A shell of a body with no emotion or energy.

"Ryan tell them about your old friend we ran into... when I tell you she looked a mess. She was a mess!" Diahanna said to everyone in the room. In the room being us, Megan and Jorden.

" She had a black eye. She was so skinny, not even a cute skinny. Like an anorexic. She didn't even smile or anything. I'm like whoever she's with, stay whooping that ass" Diahanna says laughing.

Laughing like Normani or anyone atleast getting their ass beat is funny. Like what the fuck that's not funny. I look up locking eyes with Megan. It's like she's looking in my eyes begging me to say it wasn't Normani. But we all know it was her. I quickly put my head down excusing myself and going into the kitchen for some water.

"Please tell me it wasn't her" Jorden croaks out behind me
I turn around "I'm sorry"

"Fuck" he mumbles
"I should've fought for her. Or something. Fuck... he's just using her as a punching bag"

"We gotta help her atleast... did she tell you where she's at? I... I went back to the apartment and they said she moved out"

Normani moved out. Oh gosh.

"No no she didn't say. I honestly didn't even ask.... Oh gosh I'm a horrible friend!" I break down causing Jorden to come and hug me consoling me while he sheds his own tears

"Don't worry we gonna find her"

MEGAN POV
I listen as Diahanna goes on and on about seeing Normani. How she looked a mess, was overly skinny, and had a black eye. We knew from Ryan that she was back with Ty. And we moved on too, I guess.

After countlessly sleeping with Diahanna, we thought we should just give her a try and get to know her. Well more like I said we should, being that Jorden doesn't like her. But she isn't that bad of a person, but she's nothing like my baby girl. Just knowing that he still is putting his hands on her crushes me.

Maybe giving her up was the worse decision ever. Not just for us, but for her.

I look at Belcalis when we hear a pain cry from the kitchen knowing it's Ryan. From the way Diahanna described seeing Normani, definitely put a toll on Ryan. We all run into the kitchen seeing Jorden console her. I can't stop my own tears from shedding.

Not crying for me, not for a Ryan. But for Normani. Please God cover her.

NORMANI POV

I haven't been outside since going to the supermarket and that's been 2 months. Ty was upset that it took me 2 hours to come back home. So he broke my left ankle. It's what I deserve though. I can't do anything but accept the life I have.