2. 24 hours earlier

"Hey mom?" Cameron said with a huge smile on her face when she woke up Friday morning.

"Yeah Cammie?" Scarlett replied as she folded Cameron's soccer uniform.

"Can I go out this Saturday?"

"Saturday as in tomorrow?" Cameron nodded. "We have my belated birthday dinner and show tonight. Plus you have a game in the morning, but I don't see why not. As long as you get your homework for Monday done before then, I don't want you rushing around Sunday frantic." Scarlett eyed her daughters bag knowing she always waited for the last minute.

"Thank you mom," Cammie plopped down at the table pulling out her homework for the day, the homework that was supposed to be done already.

"Anything in particular you want to do Saturday? Scarlett prodded gently.

"A boy asked me out." Cammie said as if it happened all the time. Scarlett's eyes went wide.

"A boy huh? Anyone I know?" She tried to act calm, cool and collected. A boy liked her little girl. Of course he did, Cameron was a beautiful, brilliant, talented girl any guy would be lucky to have her.

"Yeah, he asked me out... I told him I would have to get back to him... you don't know him." Cammie said, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

"You like this boy?"

"How are my two favorite girls?" Evan said emerging through the study once he heard them awake. He always started work early so he could have time to be with Eliot and Cameron by the time they were done with school. "Hi Scar, you excited for your birthday dinner tonight?" Evan leaned over the couch and kissed Scarlett's cheek. "And Cameron, its Friday I'm assuming you finished your project that was due today?" Evan added with a grin.

"I have to stop into the office, but then I'm going to leave early so we can leave early and won't get stuck in traffic... yes I'm very excited." Scarlett said putting the last of the laundry in the basket. Since having Cameron and Eliot Scarlett had moved up to manager and medical director at her veterinary clinic, she was able to adjust her hours as needed for the kids activities and was able to work from home twice a week if she needed to. While Evan was now correcting newer transcriptionist and at the top of his practice he worked from home and was able to work from anywhere basically. They had both grown so much in the past 15 years. "Cammie had a boy ask her out." Scarlett turned her attention back to Cammie.

"It's not big deal, it happens all the time." She turned away from them and back down to her homework.

"My little girl is getting asked out by not one, but multiple boys?" Evan questioned looking to Scarlett for help. "Are we sure this is allowed?" Cammie was 14, in her last semester of freshman year, she couldn't be dating already, not until she was 30, wasn't that the dad rule. Daughters don't date until their 30?

"Who is he?" Scarlett went on, she turned to start making breakfast, getting a pan and eggs out as she poked for more details.

"His name is Jackson." Scarlett withheld a groan at the name, Evan saw her face drop and he moved to massage her shoulders lightly. "He's older, and really nice. Captain of the football team too." Cammie said a big silly smile on her face.

"Is that so? Football? You don't like football though." Evan said quizzically.

"I don't need to like football to know he's hot." Cammie said and Evan's eyes went wide. He didn't like his little girl becoming a woman, liking guys, he wanted her to stay little forever.