17

"Groceries!" Evan called when he got home with Eliot. Whenever Eliot and Evan went shopping there were more cookies and chips than when Scarlett went grocery shopping.

"Cameron, come help with unloading." Scarlett called up the stairs as she saw the bags start to pile up.

"Hey pickle," Evan said plopping a few more bags on the counter while Scarlett helped unpack the groceries

"Don't call me that," Scarlett replied an old nickname from their past she nudged him.

"But you like pickles." Evan said with a grin, holding up the jar, she snatched it from him.

"I had POTS disease. I needed pickles to survive," she responded instantly. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome or POTS for short required a high salt and high water diet. Although Scarlett's POTS had went away, she still loved pickles. They shared blank and annoyed stares.

"K bye pickle." Evan moved to get more bags from the car.

"Don't call... whatever." Scarlett said grinning as she pulled out three jars of pickles.

"Pickle?" Eliot questioned from the doorway, Scarlet rolled her eyes.

"I'm picky about what pickles I like," Scarlett said as she put them in the cabinet.

"All pickles are good pickles," Eliot said placing a bag of fruit on the table

"Not to your mother," Evan said emerging with three more bags.

"Cameron come and help with the groceries!" Scarlett called up the stairs.

"I'm right here," Cammie said from behind Scarlett, it made her jump. "So pickles?"

"Alright enough with the third degree," Evan joked.

"When you find a guy that knows what kind of pickles you like you hold onto him and never let him go." Scarlett informed her children with all seriousness, she glanced to Evan, a smug look on his face.

"Vlassic, Gerkin classic dill spears and Vlassic, sweet baby wholes, but not the ones with the added sugar because then it's too sweet and intolerable." Evan said as he placed a loaf of bread on the counter. Scarlett winked at him.

It had been two weeks since Cameron's chin reconstruction and she was starting to feel normal again. Colton was over almost every day and the school year was almost done again. Colton and Cameron were working on their group project. He convinced the teacher, who agreed instantly seeing how well both their grades had been since Colton and Cammie started working together.

"I can't believe the school year is almost done with." Cammie said as Colton gently stowed away their assignment. He would bring it school for them tomorrow, along with some of Cammie's other assignments. Colton made the school year go by quickly, but still she had missed her entire sophomore year. Freshman year was supposed to be filled with fun and pep rallies. Sporting events and first kisses, at least that's what the movies made it out to be. Sophomore year was supposed to be driver's licenses, varsity soccer and figuring out what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. If this past year showed Cameron anything, it was that she was going to be a hermit and a test dummy for the rest of her life.

"Yeah and I thought this year was going to be a total bust." Colton replied.

"Whys that?" Cammie questioned confused. High school was supposed to be the best years of their life!

"Maybe for popular girls like you high school would have been great, but not mathletes like me." Colton said embarrassed. "You made this year better." His freshman year was less than satisfactory as well, but he didn't complain once him and Cammie became friends again, seeing as though she had it worse than him.