"Hey Mrs. Brooks is Cammie feeling any better today?"

"I will check why don't you come in Fiona," Scarlett was staying home all week to try and relax and she liked it. She caught up on tv, read a few books and it was only Wednesday. "I'm sure she would love to see you. Wait right here... Cammie, Fiona is here and wondering how you are... she wants to say hi." Scarlett waited at Cammie's door. Cammie was laying in her purple bedroom, on the bed, tossing a tennis ball up into the air and catching it, their dog, Ruckus watched eagerly for her to drop the ball. "Do you want me to send her in for a moment?" Scarlett knew that the answer would be no, as it had been for the past week. But she still asked in hope that Cammie's best friend could get through to her.

"Do I still look like a hideous monster?" Cammie asked rhetorically, she already knew the answer was yes.

"No, sweetie you look like you survived something awful and just need time-"

"No mom, I don't need time!" She screamed, dropping the ball, Ruckus ran for it, Fiona moved closer at the noise. "I need a new face! I need a new face! This won't change with time, I won't adjust!"

"I know, I'm sorry," Scarlett whimpered, "I'm sorry. I will tell her not today."

"I'm going to die a monster." Cammie said outraged flipping her legs down to the ground.

"No honey, you are not a monster!" Scarlett tried to show reason, but she knew how kids were, how anyone was. Looking like she did now compared to how beautiful she once was killed everyone to see her this way. "I'm so sorry sweetie, I will send Fiona away." But at that a gasp came from the doorway. Everyone froze.

"Oh my God, Cammie?" Fiona questioned taking a step back, fear covering her face.

"Fiona, it's still me." Cammie tried but Cammie moved past her wall mirror and she didn't see herself she saw a smushed face creature with no hope at a future. Fiona moved slowly out of the house.

"I'm sorry I have to go!" Fiona called as she ran down the driveway the door still swung open so they could watch her run away in horror.

"See what you did?" Cammie said bitterly, through clenched teeth as she moved back to her room to sulk.

"I'm so sorry, Cammie-" Scarlett got the door and Cammie slammed it in her face when she tried to comfort Cammie.

"What was all that?" Evan said hesitantly sticking his head out of his office.

"So now you show up? Where were you three minutes ago when I needed you?" Scarlett said half sarcastically.

"Headphones, sorry." Evan walked closer to her. "Why don't you bring your book and the cat inside my office and relax in there. Don't answer the door, don't pick up the phone, just relax by me. How does that sound?" Scarlett turned away from him, a grin on her face. "Where are you going?" He called after her.

"To get my book and a cat." She replied simply.

The hour passed quickly and quietly, peacefully just as Evan wanted it to. Scarlett sat curled up on the small couch, book clutched to her chest while Evan typed away at his desk, Trix purring loudly on Scarlett's lap. The alarm went off on Evan phones reminding him that it was time to pick Eliot up from school. Evan looked to Scarlett, her eyes were half open and her breathing was slow and deep.

"I'm going to pick up Eliot." Evan whispered as he kissed her head. She opened her eyes and looked around discombobulated.

"What? When? Who?" She said releasing a yawn.