Chapter 1

Warnings: internet stalking, riddler breaking into readers house

-
-
-
-
-
-
A smile crept onto your face as you spotted the notification for the Riddler's livestream. You immediately opened up the stream on your laptop, instantly captivated by what he had to say.

Hi! You typed into the chat, most people were saying hello and giving advice for any questions he had previously asked. It felt strange to be saying hello to the stranger but it felt like routine. Almost every other day, you watched his streams and always listened to whatever he was scheming or asking people for or to do.

Is there anything we can do? You typed rapidly as you listened to him explain more of the plan he had been putting together for a few weeks now.

"@ /yourusername/ there's always things you can do for me. I haven't completely planned your part yet but you will hear about it soon. Thank you." Riddler addressed to you.

A blush formed on your face, shocked that he had even seen your comment nevermind replied to it. You felt like a teenager with a crush with the way you were acting but you couldn't help it. There was something so unusual and captivating about him, you couldn't help but be completely intruiged in anything he was doing.

You sunk into your chair as you watched and listened to him respond to a few others. You felt yourself focusing in on the small part of his face you could see...his eyes. They were a dark green tone, you could only see the green when light hit him perfectly. You wished you could look into them in person..really wanting to see the true unique tones of green. You pulled yourself out of your thoughts, feeling silly for getting so focused on a fantasy.

"That's all for today! Thanks everyone for joining and I hope to see you all next time. Goodbye!" Riddler waved at the camera before shutting down the stream. Even the way he waved had you caught up in your own feelings.

You checked the time, it was already 10:25pm. You decided to get ready for bed and pick a film to watch. You had an interview tomorrow and you needed the rest.

-small time skip (about 30mins)-

As you pulled the duvet closer around your body, you yawned and stretched your legs out on the mattress. You didn't expect tiredness to hit you so quickly but here you were. In one movement, you turned the film off and rolled over in your bed to get comfortable.

Your eyes flickered as you breathed softly, sinking against the bed. Just as your eyes closed, they shot back open and you sat up.

What was that?!

You turned to peer at the corner of the room where you heard a small sound. You froze in fear as your eyes made out a silhouette of a person watching you. Your mouth fell open in an attempt to speak but no sound fell out. Your hands gripped onto your sheets, fear running through your body.

But..wait...the figure seemed familiar. You pulled yourself out of the terrified state and flicked your light on.

"..huh.."The sound escaped your lips as you processed who was stood there, watching you.

The light highlighted his dark green coat, the question mark he painted onto the pocket..his gloves hands and mostly, his masked face.

"Surprised to see me?" He spoke softly.

"Wh-....what are you doing here?" Fear still drumming through you, you knew what he could do...you knew how powerful he was.

"Well. You caught my interest. I see you all the time, on the streams." He hummed as he stepped closer to you. You squeaked slightly as he sat on the edge of your bed.

"Caught your interest?" You managed to stutter the question. You were shocked as you felt excitement course through your veins, mixing with the fear.

"I know I've caught yours." He tilted his head, interested in your reactions.

"That doesn't explain why you're here." You plucked up the courage to challenge him properly.

He laughed softly, his green eyes squinting softly as he did. Something about seeing him smile...even if you couldn't see all of his face..sent butterflies through your stomach.

"I want to know everything about you y/n. The internet isn't enough...it was for maybe a couple weeks. But then I couldn't stop myself, I needed to see you. I need to know you." Riddler sighed, his hands resting in his lap.

Your heart pounded in your chest as you listened to him...what were the odds...your random streamer crush had stalked you on the internet..and now, he was here?

"Oh...I...I.." You stuttered, not knowing how to reply. You wanted to tell him you were happy without coming across as too much...but you also didn't know if you were okay with...practically a stranger in your home.

"You need time." He nodded as he slipped a letter out from his coat pocket.

He's written to me?

"Read this when you're ready." Riddler stood up and placed the letter onto your side table.

You felt giddy as he stood over you, your heart pounded and your stomach flipped. A small breath passed your lips as you made eye contact with him...reminiscing on all those times you wished you could see those emerald green tones in person.

All you could do is nod, not knowing what to say. You watched as he walked over to your window, sliding it open slowly before turning to look back at you. He gave a small wave before slipping out into the night, shutting the window behind him...how considerate.

You peered at the letter, a million thoughts racing through your mind. You needed to read it.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n
Imagine his scribbly writing in a love letter sent directly to you 😩 is that too much to ask for