Chapter 12

A/n- I say this every chapter- I am so sorry for slow updates guys. I missed you all sm :(
-
-
-
-
-
-
You started chopping up veg for your dinner, the bat symbol still playing on your mind. You needed to think of a way to stay with Edward...truthfully you didn't want to be with anyone else. You furrowed your eyebrows, trying to act normal as you continued to prep dinner.

"..y/n..." Edward said, his voice gently as he spoke your name.

You were immediately brought out of your thoughts as you turned to look at him.

"Mm?" You hummed.

"..we..we have plenty of time. My plan won't start for a few more months...I still have loads to prepare." His eyes met yours before quickly moving away.

He knew as well as you did, a few months wasn't enough.

"..I just wish I had met you sooner...that's all." You gave him a sad smile.

"I know..I'm sorry...it took me so much courage to speak to you. You would have found it..ridiculous how I'd sit up here planning how to talk to you...as if you were some...I don't know, as if you weren't just human like me." He laughed at himself, a small blush on his cheeks.

You laughed, rolling your eyes as you felt yourself getting embarrassed.

"I was the same... I didn't know how to reply to you when you would text me. Sometimes I still don't know what to say." You smiled.

"..me neither." He let out a small laugh.

Your smile faded as you refocused on dinner, you did feel a bit better..but deep down you knew you'd miss him too much. As you began to stir the sauce, making sure the pasta didn't burn, you felt his hands snake over your waist. You smiled, feeling his chest hit your back and his head rest into your shoulder.

"Smells good." He said, his voice muffled in your shoulder.

"I know." You said smugly.

"Best cook I've ever met." He said as he pressed a kiss against your neck.

Your smile turned into a grin.

"And how many cooks have you met?" You teased.

"Hmm none. I just know you're the best one." Edward said confidently.

"Good answer." You nodded.

You paused, placing your hands over his, your eyes closing as you enjoyed the feeling of him holding you.

"I need to get plates ready but..I don't want to move." You said softly.

"I think we can get them ready whilst staying glued together." He said mischievously.

"Really?"

"Really." He said firmly and began to shuffle to one side.

You laughed, moving with him. He raised his hand and opened the cupboard full of plates. You swiftly grabbed two before he could and placed them on the side.

"See, told you we could." He said smugly, wrapping himself around you again.

"Okay..but I'm not serving dinner like that." You laughed.

"Fair point." Edward smiled and moved away.

You served the pasta dish and passed him a plate.

"Voila...the best meal you'll ever eat, from the best chef you've ever met." You said proudly.

"Best cook, actually." He mocked.

"Oh my bad! The best cook...not the best chef." You laughed and shook your head.

-timeskip to the next day-

Your eyes fluttered open, you stretched your arms out and wiped the dust from your eyes. You couldn't feel Edwards arms around you so you turned..he wasn't there. You groaned quietly, pressing your face into a pillow. You didn't want to get out of bed.

"Ed?" You called out, your voice groggy.

No response. You sighed and sat up, rubbing your face softly. You grabbed your phone from the bedside table and checked for any messages, nothing. Your heart started to beat faster in your chest, don't be silly..he wouldn't have been caught.

"Ed?" You called again as you stood up.

You tried not to panic but you found yourself speeding to the door so that you could look for him. You peered into his office, nothing, and moved into the living room/kitchen..he wasn't there.

"..fuck." you sighed, maybe he had gone out for groceries?

You looked at your phone again, still no texts, and decided to call him. It rang for a few moments then went to voicemail. Surely he would at least leave a note if he'd gone somewhere? You walked over to the window overlooking the road in hopes you'd see him walking home..again, nothing.

As you sighed and continued to peer out of the window, you heard the door open. You turned and sighed out of relief.

"Hey-" Riddler began to speak.

"Where were you?" You cut him off, your voice shaky.

"..Just the shops...are you okay? Honey?" He placed his bags down and walked over to you, concern painted across his face.

"I woke up and you weren't there...and you didn't text me or leave a note...I..." You felt your eyes begin to water.

"Oh..ohh I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around you. "I'm sorry, I should've left you a message."

"...no...I panicked..I'm sorry." You managed to say through tears.

You felt silly, getting so afraid purely over him going to the shops. Your cheeks were warm from embarrassment, tears streaming across them.

"Don't apologise...I should've said something, it was a small mistake...I'm so sorry." He stroked your hair, his voice soft as he spoke to you.

"...I don't know why I panicked so much." You sighed into him, your arms wrapped around his waist.

"It won't happen again, I promise." He kissed your forehead.

You sniffed, your tears finally slowing. He pulled away slightly so that he could look at you and raised his hand to wipe a teardrop from your cheek. You smiled slightly, his hands were soft. He pressed a kiss against your lips, his hand cupping your jaw gently.

"...I'm sorry." He whispered as he pulled away, his gaze soft as he looked at you.

"It's okay..it's okay." You nodded, your eyes flicking over his expression..fuck he was pretty.

His soft expression and his apology made you blush, the kind gesture made you feel flustered despite it being the bare minimum.

"What did you get at the shops?" You attempted to change topic, not wanting to get too caught up in...well, staring at him.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- imagine how submissive he'd look when he apologises..his eyes would be kinda hooded, his lips parted and he'd have a light blush on his cheeks. BRUHHHH

Sorry I'm down bad 💅🏻