Chapter 5

"I've got work tomorrow, would you want to see each other after that?" You tilted your head.

You were just sitting together, a cup of tea in your hand and the TV playing quietly in the background.

"That'd be good. You're welcome to come straight here." He nodded.

"I could bring dinner with me, if you'd like?" You smiled, hoping he would say yes.

"I'd love that." He nodded, pushing his glasses up.

You smiled and placed your tea onto the coffee table.

"Can I try them on?" You asked, teasing slightly.

Riddler shrugged removing the glasses and passing them to you. You laughed, not thinking he'd actually do it.

"I didn't think you'd actually let me." You hummed as you put the specs onto your face. You squinted as you adjusted to them.

Riddler laughed at your reaction, musing at how silly you looked in the glasses.

"What do you think?" You posed with the clear glasses resting on your nose.

"I can't see you that clearly, so I can't say." He shrugged..he could, he was just being dramatic.

"Best take them back then." You leaned over, placing the glasses back onto his face.

Your heart pounded as you realised how close you were, you blushed but held your gaze..not wanting to chicken out now.

"Your eyes are prettier without the glasses." He teased, his voice quiet.

"I thought you couldn't see me." You playfully shook your head at him.

He shrugged again, his hand reaching up to cup your jaw. You blushed at the sensation, your heart beating loudly in your ears. Riddler looked at you, his eyes scanning your body for a reaction..he was testing the waters, seeing what would effect you.

You reached your hand up to his, feeling for the velcro strap that kept the glove closed. You wanted to feel his skin against yours, even if it was this simple touch.

"Can I?" You whispered. He nodded, moving his hand so that you could take off the glove.

You removed it, placing it on the coffee table next to you. His hands were..pretty...and soft, the opposite of what you expected from him.

Riddler kept his fingers placed on your face, his thumb gently caressing your cheek. You placed your hand over his, just wanting to feel him.

"I wish..I.." You stuttered, not knowing if you were saying too much.

"Say it." Riddler said softly. You were practically sat ontop of each other.

"I keep thinking about touching you..I wish...I could." You looked away, blushing.

"I do too." He tilted his head, his eyes piercing into you.

You both moved your hands, letting them rest upon your leg. The feeling was..foreign..but incredibly welcome.

"..." You kept your hand placed over his, relishing in the small contact.

You both knew that neither of you were ready for anything more. Truthfully, neither of you had been in a relationship for years..just the small hand holding was enough to send sparks through the both of you.

"If we have dinner tomorrow...the masks coming off isn't it?" You tilted your head. You continued to hold his hand, both of you enjoying the simple touch.

"Yes." He nodded, a hint of nerves in his voice.

"I..don't care what you look like." You furrowed your brows, peering away from him. "I hope you know that."

"I know." Riddler nodded again, his thumb rubbing soft circles on your hand.

"Good..okay...what food would you like?" You said softly, trying to lighten the mood. The tension was..electrifying..but overwhelming.

"Anything. As long as we have pie after." His voice was soft..the both of you still wrapped up in the simple romance lingering in the air.

You laughed, rolling your eyes.

"I'll get pie, don't worry." You nodded.