Chapter 4

You took a mouthful of pumpkin pie, the warm treat heating up your cold body. You had gotten caught in the rain whilst walking there..and god when Gotham rained, it really rained.

"I can't believe you ate your slice without me." You shook your head playfully at Riddler.

"Aw my bad." He teased and shrugged.

"You're just avoiding showing me your face, aren't you?" You laughed, you didn't actually care..but it was nice to joke.

"Maybe." He shrugged again, you could just make out the smile in his eyes.

"It's so good to see you again...that sounds dramatic since it hasn't been that long but.." You trailed off, blushing softly.

"No, I agree...I couldn't stop thinking about you." Riddler nodded.

"I..oh." You got flustered, not knowing what to say.

"Me neither..after you texted as well, I just..couldn't stop." You managed to say, a deep blush on your cheeks.

"You're even prettier when you blush." He hummed.

You shook your head, a huge grin on your face. You looked away, hiding your reaction and scooping up another piece of pumpkin pie.

"How's the new job? I noticed that you posted about getting it." He watched you.

"It's been good! Quiet..as expected. The people there are nice too, nobody's annoyed me yet!" You laughed.

"Yet." He tilted his head, a small laugh coming from his mask.

"Right? It'll happen at some point...not to make it happen..I'm just pointing the obvious. Everybody has annoying moments." You explained.

"Have I got to that point yet?" He teased. You didn't expect the joke from him.

"Oh my god, no." You laughed, covering your mouth as you tried to chew your food.

"I was thinking..today after this, would you want to come to my apartment." Riddler peered at you, anticipating your response...he seemed nervous.

Your heart pounded in your chest, you got to see the room you so often looked at during his streams. You could see all his work...possibly even see him..his face.

"I'd love to." You nodded, trying to remain calm.

There was that smile again, the glint in his eyes. You couldn't help but crave the idea of seeing his full face.

"Does this mean I get to look through all of your stuff?" You joked.

"Maybe." He scoffed light-heartedly.

A few moments passed of comfortable silence, you eating your pie and Riddler just sitting.

"I kept that riddle...I put it on my wall." You placed your fork down as you spoke.

"You did?" He seemed surprised.

"Mhm! And the letter. Nobody's ever written notes for me before." You blushed, your hand resting on the table.

"Maybe I'll write for you more often then." Riddler said softly.

You nodded, smiling and blushing.

"Thank you for getting coffee again. It's on me next time, no matter how much you protest." You toyed with your hands.

"What if I get here first and buy them again?" He mocked.

"Then I'll buy you another one. You can have two coffees on one date." You exclaimed.

He laughed, pushing his glasses up. The small action made butterflies flutter in your stomach..you didn't know why you loved it so much.

(Time skip- entering his apartment)

Riddler opened the door, letting you walk in first..what a gentlemen. You peered around the flat, analysing the layout and inspecting the decor...it was what you expected,cluttered but somehow appealing. The scent of (whatever smell you'd like 😌) lingered in the air, it was welcoming..it suited him.

"It smells good in here." You smiled at him before continuing to look around.

"You can walk around if you want, it's not much." He said, he seemed indifferent to your opinion of the place.

You nodded, walking around to look at the place in better detail. He had lots of shelves, filled with books and notes..VHS tapes.

"You've got so many books! We should compare what we've read." You smiled, admiring the collections he had.

"That'd be nice." He nodded, his tone hinting that he'd genuinely love the idea. He'd been craving someone to talk to about his favourite books.

"That's my room, my work room and the bathrooms there. " Riddler gestured to the rooms as he spoke.

You approached the rooms, peeking through the doorway to his bedroom. It was less cluttered than the rest of the apartment..however, still full of notes, art and books. You noticed the double bed..slightly messed up green silk sheets...how fancy. You blushed slightly, your mind running to..other places.

"Nice sheets." You mustered the confidence to tease him.

A small laugh came from Riddlers mask, you smiled, thankful he took it well.

You walked across to his work room and gasped as you spotted all of his plans.

"Can I look?" You said excitedly.

"Go ahead." He nodded, walking into the room with you.

You stared in awe at all of his work, each of his notes working towards his huge plan. It was amazing. You looked at his desk, spotting letters addressed to batman..waiting to be placed in their appropriate places.

"This is..incredible." You spoke in a hushed tone, your voice naturally falling quiet as you looked around the room.

"..thank you." He said hesitantly, not used to people complimenting him in person.

"It's crazy seeing this in person. Seeing parts of it on stream was great..but this!" You gestured to the room.

Riddler shuffled in his spot, he didn't know what to say. He felt overwhelmed with..just joy really..he never thought he'd meet someone like you, someone who didn't judge him..someone who supported this crazy idea.

You turned to him, noticing his silence.

"Sorry, too excited." You laughed.

"No! No! I just..I don't know what to say." He stepped closer to you.

"..." You smiled, a deep blush bruising your cheeks. As he stepped forward, he grasped your hand.

"I've never met anyone like you." He looked away as he spoke..you could guess that he was blushing underneath that mask.

"I've never met anyone like you." You whispered, your fingers intertwined with his.

You both stood together for a moment, holding hands..simply, appreciating the others company.

"I'm glad you found me..I might be speaking too soon since we've only been out on two dates!..but I'm..really glad I met you." You stuttered.

"I don't think you're speaking too soon.. I feel the same." Riddlers eyes met yours, those green irises shining in the apartment light.

"I'm assuming we're on for a third date then." You laughed softly.

"Definitely." Riddler nodded, his gloved hand still holding onto yours.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- you don't understand how badly I wanted to write a kiss scene. I'm trying to make it slow so that it's amazing when it finally happens but OH MY GOD