Chapter 11

A/n- I know it's been a while, I'm sorry guys 😩 I've been busy with college and personal stuff. I'm finally on summer break so updates should be more regular now!
-
-
-
-
-
-
You sunk into the couch with a happy sigh, after having yet another bath. Riddler appeared next to you, his hair slightly damp where he had just washed it.

"Okay?" He asked softly, placing his hand against your cheek.

You nodded with a smile, leaning into his touch.

"Are you?" You asked.

"Mm never been better." He smiled and kissed your forehead.

You smiled with a small blush, still coming to terms with the fact that you were in a relationship with this man.

"What do you want for dinner?" You hummed, resting your head against his shoulder.

"I thought we could make something together....maybe (your favourite pasta dish)?" Edward rested his head ontop of yours as he thought.

"I'd love that." You said enthusiastically.

"I'm pretty sure we need some ingredients but I don't mind going out to get those...are you okay here?" He asked as he sat up.

"Yeah of course...do you maybe wanna get dessert whilst you're there?" You said with a mischievous look.

Edward laughed and shrugged.

"I suppose I can." He said with a smile.

"Niceee." You smiled and nodded.

He slipped his shoes on, stood up and shoved his coat on.

"Be safe." You smiled as he grabbed his hand gently.

"I will, don't worry." He smiled before pressing a kiss onto your hand.

"See you in a bit." You smiled, blushing slightly from the kiss.

Edward merely nodded with a smile before leaving. You locked the door after him and moved to the bathroom, suddenly wanting to do a face mask. (Self care icon 💅🏻)

"..." You opened your mouth to speak as you searched for the mask you wanted, you knew Riddler had bought it.

"Ah!" You exclaimed as you found it.

You pushed your hair out of your face and began applying the mask, enjoying the feel of the product on your skin. Once you were happy with your application you moved to go and look out one of the many windows in the apartment.

As you peered out the window, your eyes scanning the nighttime cityscape, you noticed the beam shining brightly....the bat logo. A strange feeling entered your chest, fear maybe? You didn't know. You'd thought about the possibility of 'the batman' finding Riddler, what could happen if his plans were discovered. It scared you..but you didn't know if it would ever happen considering the amount of crime that happened hourly in Gotham.

You sighed and moved away from the window, pushing away the strange feeling in your chest. You decided to make tea, Edward would appreciate it when he got in from the shops.

-timeskip-

You heard a gentle knock on the door, he was back. You opened it and smiled as you saw him. He smiled and flaunted the bags full of groceries.

"You got the goods." You nodded approvingly.

Edward laughed and nodded before placing them onto the kitchen side.

"...did you see it?" You locked the door again as you asked him.

"..the symbol?...mhm" He shrugged.

".....you...you aren't afraid are you?" You chewed your lip as you spoke.

Riddler began unpacking the bags, a strange look on his face. The face of a man who..wanted to be caught.

"No....he can't hurt me...Prison can't hurt me." He exclaimed. "...are you?"

"I...I guess I am...It feels like I just met you and soon enough, you'll be..gone." you sighed.

"...." He paused, avoiding eye contact.

You stepped closer to him and he met your gaze.

"You'll still see me. It won't be the same, I know...but we'll still see each other." He attempted a reassuring smile.

"I..yeah. I guess so." You smiled, not wanting to think about it anymore.

"Let's focus on dinner." You stated, wanting to avoid anymore discussion on his capture.

"Sounds good." He smiled and started to prep dinner.

"I'm gonna wash this off, be back in a sec." You smiled, kissing his cheek as you left.

You stepped back into the bathroom with a sigh, feelings of anxiety bubbling in your chest. You washed the mask off and took another look out the window...it was still there, he was still out.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- just a short one for today,, but we're getting angsty baybee.