Chapter 3

A/n- I'm painting Riddler atm and omg he's so pretty

There are some smutty themes in this one, nothing actually happens but..still

-
-
-
-
-
-
You unlocked your apartment door, turning to Riddler with a smile. Your heart fluttered thinking about how he had walked you home.

"Thank you for...well everything. That was really nice." You blushed.

He nodded, his eyes flicking over you, as though he was memorising your face.

"Can I see you again?" You asked, not realising how blunt the question was until it had come out.

"I'd like that. Same time and place next week?" Riddler asked.

"That works for me!" You smiled, fumbling with your hands.

You wanted to kiss him like every first date in a film but you knew you couldn't. 1) he had a mask on, and 2) it seemed too early for that contact.

"Get in touch if you need anything." He nodded.

"I will! I'll see you next week." You stood in the doorway, waving as he left.

You couldn't help but cringe slightly at the awkwardness of the goodbye. But it was only a first date, and he seemed like the most awkward person on earth. Well, you weren't exactly social either.

You laughed at your own thoughts as you locked your door behind you. Already you wanted to text him, telling him about how you had a nice time. That wasn't necessary though, you just told him.

-timeskip (two days later)-

You turned the taps for your bath off, the tub now full of the hot water, and turned to check your phone. You'd been tempted to text Riddler but refrained, you didn't want to seem needy. However, you still hoped for a text from him..even though he didn't seem to be the texting type.

You untied your dressing gown, letting the fabric slip off your body before stepping into the bath. The hot water was incredily welcoming, almost instantly soothing your sore body. You'd been on your feet all day in the bookstore.

Buzz

You looked at your phone,which was resting on your bath table, noticing the text you just received. It was him! You picked up the device, reading the message.

(Btw a bath table is quite literally what it's called. A little table to go on your bath)

I wish I could see you-Riddler

You blushed at the message, the image of him seeing you naked engraved into your thoughts. You batted away the smutty idea and began typing a response.

I feel the same. I can't wait to see you again. We can have pumpkin pie together next time -You

I'd like that. What are you doing this evening? -Riddler

Typical, he had to know everything. You admired how much he craved information, blushing slightly. He knew so much about you already.

Having a bath and then watching a film, the usual. How about you?-You

You chewed at your lip, the hot water around you melting away some of the nervousness coursing through your veins.

I wish I was there -Riddler

The image appeared in your head..dirty thoughts running through your mind. You thought about what his outfit would feel like on your bare skin..the feel of his gloves..no! You pulled yourself away from the thought, not wanting to indulge in the fantasy when you'd only been on one date.

Me too-You

You managed to send the message, hoping you didn't seem too needy. Arousal pooled between your legs as the thoughts lingered in your mind...he wouldn't know if you did indulge such things...

-timeskip to the day before the date-

I can't wait to see you tomorrow- Riddler

Me neither. I'm holding you to the pumpkin pie we talked about -You

You smiled at your phone as you sent the text, butterflies fluttering in your stomach as you put the device in your pocket.

"What are you smiling about?" Your coworker Pam teased.

"Oh nothing.." You waved your hand, she seemed sweet.

"If it's a date, I wanna hear about it....even if it isn't a date, I'm bored and I'll listen to anything right now." She laughed.

You laughed, she was right, it was incredibly quiet today.

"Fine..fine. It is a date, our second one actually. " You toyed with your hair as you spoke.

"Oh yeah, anywhere fancy?" She smiled.

"My favourite café! We've agreed to get pumpkin pie together, it's his favourite food." You nodded.

"That's cute. Any man who likes sweet things is usually sweet himself." She exclaimed as she organised some of the books on one shelf.

You smiled, he did seem sweet beneath that mask..physical and metaphorical.

"Well, let me know how it goes." She smiled.

"I will." You nodded, returning her smile.

You couldn't wait to see him.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- I know this one's a little boring and awkward but,, I can't have every chapter romantic and beautiful. Next one's gonna be good though 😌