Chapter 6

A/n- guys look how pretty this picture of Paul is 😩
-
-
-
-
-
-
You gently tapped at Riddlers door, your other hand holding onto a bag of food. You got your favourite food, as well as pumpkin pie for dessert.

"Hi!" You smiled as he opened the door.

"Hey." Riddler let you in, he sounded..different..softer. He was happy to see you.

"I brought (your fave food), is that alright?" You showed him the food.

"Of course, that looks so good." He nodded, a soft smile in his eyes.

"I put plates on the side, I'll help you serve up." Riddler gestured to the kitchen counter.

"Oh! Cool." You nodded, putting the bag next to the plates.

Riddler began unboxing the food, putting the pumpkin pie in the oven which was on a low heat to keep it warm.

"You got pie!" He said.

"Of course. It's my favourite dinner with your favourite dessert." You smiled.

"Thank you." He nodded before placing his food on his plate.

"Did you have a good day?" You asked as you finished placing your food onto the plate.

"I did, did you have a good day at work?" He seemed genuinely interested.

"I did! My favourite coworker was in today and we basically just messed around all day. It was nice." You smiled.

"I'm glad." Riddler smiled, the light catching his eyes.

You plopped onto the couch, carefully placing your plate onto your lap. Riddler gently placed his dinner onto the coffee table and sat down next to you. His hands rose upto his mask, his fingers grasping onto the clasps. You watched, trying not to seem to eager or too worried about his appearance...you didn't want to scare him.

You averted your gaze, peering at your food for a moment.

Click

You looked up, watching as Riddler unbuckled each part of his mask. You couldn't help but feel flustered, you could only imagine how he was feeling.

His mask slid off, revealing pink..soft lips, a dainty nose..rounded cheekbones...and of course, those beautiful green eyes. He slid his glasses back on and blinked at you for a moment. You could see his chest rising and falling..he had no need to be nervous, he was beautiful.

You blushed, realising you were staring, yet you couldn't look away. You didn't expect him to look anything like this..he was so pretty? He just peered back at you, a small blush forming on his cheeks. You quickly realised that you needed to say something.

"..I....you're so...pretty." You managed to stutter, the last word was hushed.

"Oh.." Riddler seemed shocked..in a pleasant way, he'd never expected someone to call him pretty.

"That's not a bad thing!" You looked at him, worried he'd taken it the wrong way.

"...Nobody's ever called me pretty before." He looked at you.

"Well, I..think you are." You looked at your food, watching the steam curl off of the dinner.

"..thank you." His voice was lowered to a whisper.

You smiled, blushing softly. Both of you were. You scooped up some food onto your fork, enjoying the flavours from the dish.

"It's been so long since I've had this..you're my excuse for ordering it." You teased.

"I don't mind being that excuse. You should have it more often." He smiled.

You looked across to him..his smile was so soft..and cute. You didn't expect this criminal to be so..sweet.

"Maybe someday, we can go to the restaurant together...you can be my excuse again." You laughed.

"I'd like that. Can I use you as my excuse to go out for lunch?" He looked at you, his green eyes softer without the mask.

You blushed, admiring the green hues before realising he was asking on another date.

"Is that a way of asking me on another date?" You smirked, scooping up more food.

"It is." He said before eating his dinner.

"Then yes, you can definitely use me as an excuse for lunch." You smiled.

"Same place as always. We always go there after they've served lunch, it'd be nice to get there in time for it." He looked at you, you looked stunning to him.

"Yes oh my god. I love getting lunch there." You nodded, catching his gaze. You both just peered at each other for a moment, smiling and..just enjoying each others beauty.

You finished your dinner, sighing happily.

"You're right, I should have that more often." You said.

Riddler laughed, placing your plate onto his and putting them both onto the coffee table.

"Thank you for dinner." He smiled.

"I owed you after all the coffees you've bought me." You laughed.

"I don't mind." He shrugged, pushing his glasses up. You peered at his hands..they looked so soft.

You couldn't believe how soft he looked in general, his fluffy hair, soft lips..smooth hands.

"Do you want to watch something? I was thinking we could find something to watch and then we could have dessert." Riddler looked at you.

"That sounds good." You nodded, smiling at him. "We could watch that film I talked about yesterday?"

You reminisced on how you explained one of your favourite films to him whilst he was walking you home.

"I'd like that." He nodded, already searching for the film.

-small time skip (middle of the film)-

"It's chilly tonight." You hummed, scooting closer to Riddler.

It was an old move..but you genuinely were cold. You watched as he leaned by the side of the couch and grabbed something. He sat back up and wrapped a blanket across you both.

"Oh! Thank you." You smiled, appreciating the softness of the blanket.

He smiled and nodded, moving closer to you and wrapping one arm around you. It was a small gesture but you loved it. The closeness to him was just enough to send butterflies through your stomach. He was warm too, he always found ways to suprise you.

"You're so warm." You giggled. "Like a small furnace."

"I think you're just cold all the time." He smiled, reminding you of the times you'd talked about being cold before.

"True." You nodded with a smile.

You brought yourself a bit closer to him, enjoying the closeness and the warmth. You rested your head onto his shoulder, the hoodie he was wearing was soft and inviting.

"Is this okay?" You said in a hushed tone.

"Mm" Riddler hummed, his hand resting on your back. He seemed to be enjoying the contact as much as you were.

You peered up at him, appreciating this new angle of his face.
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/n- I don't think I can control myself